upto no good???

MR CRAW

After what seems like an eternity of eating a dry breakfast alone, I'm heading to the office

Summoning a meeting with Mr grande of G&G company proved easier than I thought.
I mean I wasn't expecting an affirmative answer in such a short time.
Lately the only way to get your empire stronger was to look for a strong company.
No empire will be willing to merge, seems like I'm doing the G&G company a favor instead.
Absolutely anything to get to the top.

Driving through the parking lot, I step out, the security guard steps forward to take my briefcase.
I stroll into the building, replying greetings from workers with a curt nod.

I'm out of the elevator now heading to the boardroom and I still can't regulate my heartbeat, meeting with my son everyday is Like a painful chore I have to endure till I fix our bond.

On sighting me the security opens the doors to the boardroom, I halt staring at my son, he isn't aware of my presence yet, still engrossed in his phone plus the headset which I'm very sure is on the highest volume.
Taking the nearest seat to the door, I sit still, mere looking at him beings tears to my eyes, if only thing's were different, if only I behaved differently.

Sigh* I take a glance at my wristwatch its almost 12pm, I'm the one doing the favor, not Mr grande, he ought to be here by now! I say muttering under my breath

"Why are you soliloquizing??"
Turning sharply I see Alex staring at me oddly, making it obvious the question came from me and was directed to me.

"I wasn't soliloquizing" I point out to him, I was muttering.

"same thing old man, I saw you talking to yourself under your breath" he insists.

"Okay fine, has the owner of G&G arrived???"

"No pop" Alex replied laying emphasis on the "p", he does this to irk me, but I'm going to be immune to it, at least to show him I've changed.

I go ahead again saying "he should be here, he's acting like the one giving the favor, while we should wait for him, as what??!, who does he think he is?? ....huh??"
"You should calm down pops everything isn't about violence, he's proud, same way you are".

I'm not in the least surprised, I expected it.
Swallowing the bile that has automatically formed in my throat I look away.

A few seconds after 12pm, CEO of G&G walks in hand-in-hand with his wife.
Well well, don't they look cute together??
I ask myself, pain full in my thoughts.

MR GRANDE AND MRS EMILIA

Walking hands entwined with my wife's, Mr craw doesn't look pleased with me, I'm not late, I just wasn't punctual

For a moment I see flash of pain and hurt, oh...we must have reminded him of his late wife😪.

Well, pulling a chair out for my beautiful wife whom I don't joke with, then taking my seat besides my wife and opposite Mr Alex, my future in-law.
I've always wanted the best for my daughter, no doubt this wasn't a bad choice.
I pray everything comes out as planned.

"So....Mr Crawford, nice meeting you and thank you for this opportunity"
I say Rising slightly to exchange handshake with him.
He sits still staring at my hands, I really wasn't expecting that, but if that's how he wants to play, then I'm down.
At the moment of me retracting my hand, he grabs it in a strong handshake with a strong stiff smile.

"You're welcome to the empire, make yourselves comfortable please" he gestures with his hands
I don't know what that means but this man doesn't look like he's here for jokes.

****moments later****

"So discussing the terms and conditions, they have to be married before the merger deal is sealed and she must bear a heir for further authenticity" Mr Crawford rounds up.

"Failure to do so???......." Mr Alex asks,
I have a feeling he is not into this arranged marriage stuff, he too just wants the growth of the empire.
I'd be proud to call him my son.

"Failure to do so, .....limits her control over some shares and decision making of the empire" Mr Crawford announces.
Okay, I get it now.
Looking at my wife, she gives a curt nod as an approval.
I feel like I'm selling my daughter to foreigners, but its for the greater good isn't it????
Sighing I take out my pen, reading the terms and conditions one last time, I pen down my signature.

Another step forward FAM😁😁💜💜💜

So what do you think??
Do you think Mr Crawford is upto no Good with that sinister smile of his???

Is Mr Grande really doing the right thing???

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts lovelies😘😘😘✍🏾
It would go a long way for me.

And share😁😁😁

Adiós💜💜

*special announcement to my lovely readers😘*

I'll be uploading every week or twice a week.
Lots of stuffs came up💔🤦🏻
Suggestions on the days to post a part will be greatly welcomed🤗