GORGEOUS

*

THE PRESENT*

AMELIA

Shit!!

Bit by bits, yesterday's event came flooding in.
Wow...in a night???
Never believed my plain boring life could take a different turn overnight, *first meeting a total asshole who turned out to be nice*
There has to be reasons for whatever happens, or maybe...just maybe he hates people.
Groaning inwardly, I sit up, when I wake up every morning, feels like my brain still booting, so I usually spend the first minutes or hours *depends on how slow it takes my brain to wake up*, is spent lying or sitting with my hands massaging my scalp.
It sorts of speeds up the booting process and allows my mind wander.

Right now, I'm still trying to understand everything that happened yesterday.
I have gotten to the Acme of my heartbreak, seriously...for me to hug a stranger and cry and open up.....okay I'm making a big deal out of nothing, I mean BRI does it all the time she's pained.
*Only when she's drunk*, my mind tells me...Yeaaaaa I know, wait!
Was I drunk???
Definitely not, I would have had the popular hangover.
Nausea, headache, stomach upset etc.

Sighing for the fifth time this morning, I lazily swing a leg to the floor, after some seconds I swing the other.
Shifting my weight to my hands, I hoist myself up.
Yaaayyy!
First phase done, walking to the door, memories of how he stood behind me watching me nonchalantly, I shake my head sideways and mutter an inaudible "weirdo" to myself.
Shutting the door quietly, I move to the kitchen, quickly starting the coffee machine, I stride lazily to the kitchen island and jumping slightly to get seated.
Just in time mama comes in holding her latest Louis Vuitton bag, the other clutching her laptop, hair styled into loose curls cascading down her shoulders, her face as pretty as ever.
Hey, that's where I got my looks from, and I'm proud of it.

"Good morning mama" I smiled

"Good morning baby, how are you?"
She replied dropping her stuffs on the island besides the fruit basket.

She's having an usual glow this morning.
soon the coffee maker dings
Mama passes me the cup, while I take it from her muttering a thank you.

"Well...I'm fine, sorry I wandered off last night, you know how BRI can be, she got into some mess, and I had to clear it as usual"

Taking a long sip from my cup I shrug.

"Dear Lord, when will that child stop getting into troubles?, we were worried sick about you, that aside i and your papa have some news for you"

Narrowing my eyes, still staring at her, I drop the cup of coffee
"What is it ma??,why cant only you tell me" I ask curiously.

"Its something about your future hun, I'm running late to the office, we'll talk at dinner"
She says picking up her stuffs and a few apples.

I gently nod, still sipping my coffee to clear my coffee to clear my head and digest what I just heard.

Grabbing her keys from the hanger close to the door,

"Lia"
I lazily turn around to the door to face her still sipping my coffee,

"I fried some chicken and chips for dinner yesterday, you can have them for breakfast, if you aren't still done with your weight loss whatever"