chapter 9 family

after a few hours dream finally came back tired and defeated he probably searched all of Snowdin refusing to ask for help because he did not want to look stupid and come back right after making such a bold delegation which I don't blame hime but he only succeeded in making himself look dumber oh well. sans papyrus and my brother were all in the living room behind a table with a fire extinguisher and other supplies to put out a fire this all happened because I had asked to make diner when papyrus said he was going to make his spaghetti as a celebration for sans finally opening up so now we can finally help him somehow through that fiasco called reset I convinced him to allow me to cook because I had a amazing dish I wanted to serve for my new friends he offered to chaperone me 'in the ways of cooking' but I declined saying I wanted it to be a surprise and somehow that actually worked although sans was not to prone on letting a little kid cook even if he didn't out right say that, it was what I got from all the panicking expressions he made when I got close to the kitchen. Papyrus calmed him down saying I would do fine and that they had equipment to save the house if my attempt ended in failure which was not very reassuring to sans for some reason. I was going to thank him for the faith he had in me but when I turned around he was sweating so much it concerned me he probably was trying to give me the benefit of the doubt when it came to cooking but they had so many cooking accidents in undertale I did not blame him for having some doubts regarding my cooking skills seeing that I was a child. what did surprise me was my brother who was also holding a fire extinguisher like they would need that much I mean I may have never cooked in this life but I read books with recipes so I know the measurements and that one of the most important parts and I know how long certain dishes have to be in the oven and that's pretty important when cooking and my brother knows this so I understand sans and papyrus but dream!? seriously! ugh  whatever I will show them!

"uh t-tiny skeleton please be carful with my kitchen I-its not that I don't believe in your cooking ability b-but um my uh kitchen is fragile yeah fragile so it um it ...burns easy? yeah so do not blame yourself if this does not work it is just my uh kitchen is not as sufficient as others yeah! so um be carful and call us if anything smells life fire." papyrus said below a whisper but I still heard him loud and clear it took a major strike to my pride but I will not falter I will show them!

"I'll be carful papyrus don't worry and soon you are goin to have the best dish you ever had!" I said trying to lighten the mood but it only served to make them all chuckle awkwardly at me. not the reaction I was hoping for but whatever. I will make the best dish they ever tasted!

two mins later in kitchen:

ugh what was I thinking I never cooked anything in my life well that I remember what If I screw up what If I make poison and they eat it ugh I'm so stupid ugh welp all I can do now it try and hope for the best maybe can make something edible I'll just have to rely on mussel memory from my past life and the knowledge I gained from this life even if I don't have mussels! uh anyway lets do this!!!

I decided to make a kluski a polish dish I um think it was a dish I liked in my past life I think someone used to make it for me? maybe I can't remember probably a relative or something huh maybe I was polish who knows whatever I started with the prep and mixed the ingredients together I put them in little balls on a parchment and made little indents in them for the gravy that I will be making next then once I finished with the main dish I started with the gravy and then the salad and chicken when I finished cooking I put them all on plates and set the table all while papyrus sans and dream were looking at me with disbelief.

everyone sat down in complete silence as I ate happily. if they were to afraid to eat my master piece then suit themself all that means is more for me! 

here is a picture of what nightmare cooked!

they eventually got enough courage to try my food after seeing my reaction to it and slowly sans was the first to try and see if it was edible when he took his first bite he immediately started stuffing his face which was enough confirmation dream...

they eventually got enough courage to try my food after seeing my reaction to it and slowly sans was the first to try and see if it was edible when he took his first bite he immediately started stuffing his face which was enough confirmation dream and papyrus needed to try it and when they did they stuffed there faces too. 

"OH MY ASGORE!! TINY PURPLE SKELETON YOU HAVE OUT DONE YOURSELF WITH THIS MEAL YOU SHOULD COOK EVERY NIGHT GASP YOU SHOULD MOST DEFIANTLY TEACH ME THE GREAT PAPYRUS HOW TO COOK THIS WONDROUS MEAL SO ALL THE MONSTERS OF THE UNDERGROUND CAN HAVE A CHANCE TO TAST SUCH AN AMAZING MEAL ITS ALMOST AS AMAZING AS I THE GREAT PAPYRUS NIEHEHEHE!!!!" papyrus said in an enthusiastic tone.

"I would love to I think that would be fun right dream?" I asked dream but when I turned to him he was a sobbing mess.

"oh dream im sorry I uh I thought you would like it you um don't have to eat it if you don't want to oh uh here let me take that for you." as I was about to take his plate he growled at me and I flinched.

"um dream?"I asked questionably.

"this 'he said pointing at his plate of kluski' is MINE! it is the MOST AMAZING thing I have ever tasted and you won't take it away!" he said with a growl.

"ok ok you like it no need to get hostile geez." I said trying to cool the atmosphere.

" im sorry night its just this is the most amazing thing I have ever tasted 'starts to sob again' promise you will cook again?" he said with a hopeful look on his face. 

" ok but no growling got it?"  I warned.

"yep loud and clear sir!" he joked.

we spent the remainder of the time at the diner table with laughter and fun it was the happiest me and dream have been for a while. but all good things must come to an end.

"hey nightmare dream I've been meaning to ask but where did you come from? I thought me and paps were the last skeleton monsters left and then after a few resets you what just show up? that does not make any sense its been bothering me for awhile but you don't have to answer I know somethings people don't really like talking about and this might be a sensitive topic for you and..." sans began to ramble so I cut him off.

"hey sans hey look at me its fine but uh me and dream don't really want to talk about it if that's ok with you its just a sensitive topic but I'll tell you eventually just not now ok?" I told him he nodded and dream gave him a reassuring smile to calm him down. when everything settled we watched a family movie because that's what we are now family........