chapter 16

I guess something I learned out of all this is to never be too hasty. 

when me and moon left the hospital and I brought them home people started to panic. like a lot. 

they thought frisk was going to do something terrible again but when sans came to tell me the news of frisks disappearance and found them with me....well lets just say it didn't end well. we got in a big argument he wanted them to be brought straight back to the ruins but I told him they didn't have there memories anymore. they were lost and needed help I didn't want them to go through more pain so I begged he let them stay with me. I have a house and can care for them. I didn't want to leave them after everything I did not like this so I went with moon to plead with the king. he was furious I would steel a criminal like that but eventually after subtly threatening him he allowed it. I couldn't stop smiling for the whole day making sure I got everything moon needed for there own room and I legally adopted them. I needed to so that I could house them with no complaints from the human government but moon took this as an opportunity to start calling me mom. sometimes making small comments on how there mom and I were very similar and that I had to be the alternate version of him. also coming to the conclusion of since there is an alternate version of there mom there has to be an alternate version of there dad even going so far as to ask my preference in men. 

they of course had no idea I heard their mini monologue in their room but to my defense I didn't mean to eavesdrop it just sort if happened. I came to their room to bring them down to eat when I heard their plans to bring me and the destroyer together. defiantly not my fault I'm completely innocent I would never eavesdrop on purpose. anyways.....how the F*CK do I explain to error if I even live long enough to hold a god damn conversation as to why my adopted child want us to be together. ugh you reap what you saw I guess. I just wish they would be less obvious. 

everyday without fail whenever they have a free moment they go out into town and search for him even making a badly drawn picture to describe what he looks like and asks around if they have seen him. I want to stop them I really do but that would let moon know I know more than I let on and I cant let that happen. 

after a while of the hostility and rude comments moon deals with everyday I became fed up. I understand my friends are upset but moon is MY adopted child now and I'm a LOT stronger than I was when I was a child if they act up I can handle them. but sans and even papyrus look at them like they are the same killer from before not able to let go of the past. moon hasn't realized it yet because they are so focused on finding there dad or error but once they get distracted from their goal they will see it and be very hurt. I don't want that for them. so even though I will miss everyone here I decided the best course of action is to move. AUs.

a new place with new people a fresh start no judgment and no hostility. I ran the idea by dream and lets just say he wasn't all too happy but understood I just wanted the best for moon. so after I made dinner I decided to see if moon was ok with changing locations. though I wont tell them the real reason. 

"wow mom! your cooking just gets better and better! you should really consider becoming a chef you'd make a killing!" moon said in joy eating like it was their last meal they were ever going to have. 

"uh right....um moon I have something to tell you.......I have decided we should move. I wanted to make sure you knew and started packing because we will be leaving in two days." I said softly trying to ease into the conversation but I failed......miserably. moon spit out the water they was drinking all over the place in surprise. 

"what!? why!? I still haven't finished looking for- ....uh nobody I haven't finished looking for anybody. nope. nada." moon said comically. I could only chuckle in amusement. 

"well whoever your searching for you'd have a better chance somewhere else you've been looking for them ever since you woke up and I'm pretty sure they aren't here." I said with a smirk. 

"you knew!?" moon asked surprised. 

"that you were looking for someone? yes it would be kind of hard not to since everyone you asked was worried so they talked to me." I said smugly. while true this wasn't how I found out but I went with it. moon just deflated in defeat. 

"wait you don't know who I am looking for right?" they asked to make sure. 

"uh no....they didn't tell me a name I assumed it was an alternate friend of yours you wanted to meet." I said confused. moon let out a sigh of relief hiding their initial embarrassment. 

" 'sigh' good." moon whispered most wouldn't be able to hear but I did. still I pretended I didn't. 

"anyways mom your right maybe I will have a better chance of finding them in another city! where are we going?" moon asked. 

"oh we aren't going to a city. we are going to another au." I said sipping on my tea happily. 

"au?" moon asked. 

"alternate universe sweetie." I clarified. 

"alternate- WHAT!?" moon exclaimed clearly not expecting that. 

"an alternate universe honestly we must go to an ear doctor if you're hearing is that bad." I said in disappointment. this was hilarious. 

"uh no n-never mind um mom what do you mean an alternate universe? those are just you know in movies and stuff." moon said confused. 

"what are you talking about? oh I'm sorry I forgot to tell you didn't I? me and your uncle dream are from an alternate universe." I said softly. 

"huh!? how is that possible!?" moon said in complete and utter shock. 

"what the heck do you mean?" moon said before I could respond to their last question.

"I suppose I should tell you how things work in this multiverse....as well as my and dreams past." I said. moon just nodded their head looking exited. I chuckled slightly before beginning my story. 

"it all started with with a tree this tree wasn't normal though it had special apples that represented feelings-" I started. I explained what me and dreams jobs were and the villagers reactions to me and the apples. I told them how eventually me and my brother had to leave our au after eating the apples and how we ended up here....in the original au. I didn't want to leave out anything important so I even told them what frisk did. I refer to them as frisk and not moon because they are now basically different people. though moon doesn't know they once were the same. after I finished explaining the story I looked up to see a shocked moon with there mouth agape. 

"...wow.......I can't believe......I can't understand......so you mean this multiverse has multiple alternate universes and that your not from this one? wait does that mean I can go back to my world!" moon asked excited. they didn't seem too fazed about the story where frisk killed everyone but I was expecting that I mean I did tell them what frisk had done when we first met. 

"no sadly I do not think you are from this.....multiverse. while there are multiple alternate universes they are all centered around this one most aren't too different its most likely that your from an entirely different multiverse. sadly we can not cross between those." I explained. wow.....does this explanation sound familiar or what???? am I just copy writing what happened to me and using it in the context of moons circumstances? yes, yes I am. 

...

I have no shame. 

moon looked sad for a moment before their cheerful personality came right back. 

"thats ok! I didn't think I could go home anyway I just got a little hopeful for a second. and besides I don't have anyone waiting for me there and it would be a shame if I left you all alone especially since your single." moon said with a wink. I could only blush in embarrassment. 

"and whats that supposed to mean?" I asked darkly. moon sweat dropped and changed the subject quickly. 

things were looking up, finally but hopefully this was just the beginning.