5 | mutant

The three of them sat on the plane, forming a triangle. Sam laid normally across from Vivian, who laid with her back against the bottom of her chair and her legs straight up against the wall. Her long hair out of its bun and now touching the floor easily. Bucky was sat on some cargo boxes that were strapped down. Nobody had spoken since she had jumped out of the moving vehicle. They had changed out of their fighting suits and into their normal clothes.

"So...you're a mutant then." Sam asked, even though it didn't really sound like a question.

"Yup. Since birth." She said simply.

"So, what do you do? Like what are your abilities?" He asked further, not being able to take the silence anymore but genuinely seemed interested to know.

"Bone manipulation. That extends to enhanced healing. That's why I was fine after being shot in the shoulder." Vivian explained, holding her fist above her before extending her bone claws, showing off what she could do on command.

"Cool." Sam nodded before asking Bucky, as he hadn't said anything, "You all right?"

"Let's take the shield. Let's take the shield and do this ourselves." His voice was deeper and more gravely. He hadn't looked up from where his eyes were trained on the ground this whole time, thinking really hard about this.

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it. Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it?" Sam sat up with the last sentence as he talked to him.

"Maybe." He sounded like a scolded child.

"I'll help you in case you forgot. Sharon and Vivian were branded enemies of the state. The only reason they let Vivian stay in New York was because she's Nick Fury's kid. Steve and I were on the run for two years. I don't know about you, but I don't wanna live the rest of my life la vida loca. We just got our ass handed to us by Super Soliders, and we got nothing." Vivian sat up correctly as she narrowed her as at Bucky, noticing a sudden change in where he was looking at the end of Sam's speech. Like he knew something they didn't.

"Not entirely true." When the other two looked at him, Bucky got up and walked to sit next to Vivian. He didn't say anything for a second, deciding if it was a good idea to tell them, before saying vaguely, "There is someone..that you two..should meet."

***

Baltimore, Maryland

They landed the next day in Baltimore, Maryland, somewhere that Vivian surprisingly hadn't been before. Bucky lend them to a wore out looking neighborhood that the white people called "a different part of town" when people of color ask.

The three of them crossed the street, Bucky keeping a hand on her back as they didn't to make sure she was okay. When they made it to the side walk, two little kids were there along the fence, couldn't have been more than 10 or 11.

"Hey, it's Black Falcon. What's up?" One of them said excitedly. Vivian smile as she had always had a soft spot for kids.

"It's just Falcon, kid."

"No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon." The kid said again as they got closer to them.

Bucky and Vivian went to keep walking but Sam stopped and asked, "Is it because I'm black and I'm the Falcon?"

"Well, technically, I mean, yes."

"So are you, like, Black kid?" Sam asked and when they kid looked away as he knew he hadn't won this argument. Sam and Vivian chuckled as the older man talked to the kids friend, saying, "I got him, right?