14| afraid

1999

Vivian was being dragged down the damp and dusty metal hallways of the Hydra base. She had no idea of where she was. She could still be in America and she would have no clue of it.

The two un-named soldiers carrying her by her arms towards a room she had become very familiar with over the last 2...3 years. At this point she didn't even know.

She turned her head to growl at one of the soldier holdings her as they passed into the white dingy tiled room, like a very old looking dentists office. This was the room they experimented on her in.

Vivian had been born with special abilities, or mutations as they had been named. They were just a simple healing ability, making her able to heal herself very quickly.

That's it.

Her father, Nicholas Fury didn't treat her differently because of them, not shaming her because of them, throwing her out or using them to his advantage. But because he was head of Shield, even though he never openly said or showed that Vivian was his daughter, his enemies were her enemies.

And once Hydra got wind of her powers, they knew they could make her more than just a side piece of Shield. That her abilities could be more.

So they kidnapped her, a few months after she turned 12. She had been at the park with her therapist and fathers friend, Christina Raynor...sound familiar? A couple of large tank-like trucks pulled up to the park and had plucked her away from the older woman.

They had drugged her so she pasted out and had no idea where they were, waking up in a small cell with cracks in the walls and cement surrounding her.

She really took after her father, already accepting from a young age that this kind of stuff would happen but Fury would always find her.

Her face was resting when she first saw a man come out with a monocle on and facing her with a, not great, villain smirk. This puny thing was suppose to scare her? Ha, please. She grew up with Nick fucking Fury teaching her how to use a gun at the age of 9.

"What do you hope to accomplish by kidnapping me? Leverage? Bait? Just for the sake of torturing someone close to the Head of Shield?" She asked, having stood up from the metal bed and now standing behind the glass window with bars in front of it to protect to one on the other side.

"Oh no, no, no. You are part of something much bigger than that. No, we wanted you...and your powers. We knew that your harmless abilities could become more, willingly or not.." The man said.

Her eyes slightly widened in fear. Not for what they were going to do to her here, but for what was going to happen to her in the real world after her father found her.

***

The two un-named guards who she had snapped her teeth at threw her down in the chair, cuffs connected to the arm rests clicking into place around her wrists.

She wiggled from side to side a little as she tried to break free, but she knew she couldn't. Vivian had been doing the same thing over and over since she got to the hell hole.

The door opened to her left to show the man with the monocle that she had become familiar with over the years. Baron Von Strucker.

"Ah, my favorite African American pupil." He drawled with a sassy tone of voice. Her eyes narrowed at him as she plastered a fake smile at him and said sarcastically, "So you have more than one? I'm touched that I'm your favorite."

He let out a bitter chuckle as he walked towards her, her body didn't move on the outside, only contracting on the inside and making her stomach curl. But she didn't let it show.

Strucker ran a finger lightly up and down her cheek, the corner of her upper lip curling up slightly in disgust. Once his finger got closer to her mouth, she bit down as hard as she could, causing him to scream.

He yelled at one of the guards to come get her off of him. Electricity ran through her body from the guards taser, causing her to let go and cry out.

Strucker stumbled back a few steps, holding his finger as the pain was starting to hurt. Once the guard stepped back and realized the tasers hold on her, she chuckled to herself darkly as she tasted the little drops metallic liquid she got from the mans finger.

Vivian licked her lips of the blood as she smiled sickly sweet at the man. Strucker stared at her for a second with a shocked looking face on his face before it turned to stone and he looked to his men.

"Hook her up."

Two scientists that had been standing off to the side the whole time walked over quietly and started setting up the tests. One of them went to put an IV with the same liquid they had been injecting into her for years.

Her eyes turned white for a second before they flickered back to their natural color, growling at the scientists, who flinched back at this. She looked down at her hand, still held down to the chair, and saw blood, her own blood, start to seep from between her knuckles.

This made Strucker grin sinisterly.

"You...have been holding out about your progress. Now, let the nice man stick the needle in your arm...or do I need to get the Soldat to beat some sense into you?" He stepped forward, not getting close enough for her to bite him again.

Her body relaxed involuntarily as she leaned back against the chair, letting the scientist stick the needle in her arm and let the white liquid pump through her body. On her other side, another needle with stuck into her neck and pushed a mild tranquilizer into her body.

Dark brown eyes started to sag because of this as Strucker came closer to her and whispered,

"Good girl..."

a/n: Go listen to Blood on my Hands by Attis on Apple Music or Spotify!!!! Also, I picture Young Vivian played by Marsai Martin