13| dead

Sam sat on the computer, typing away on it while Zemo was laying on one side of the couch  with an ice pack over his head from where he hit it. Vivian was on the other side of the couch, also laid down as she was thinking about things, something her father would say was 'dangerous' in a teasing way.

"Were you ever offered it?"

The black man turned around in his seat, Vivian peering over to see too, and asked, "What?"

"The serum."

"No." He said with a slight smile.

"If you had been, hypothetically, that is, would you have taken it?" Zemo asked again this time.

"No."

"No hesitation. That's impressive." The Baron said before groaning as he lifted the washcloth off of his forehead, "Sam, you can't hold out hope for Karli. No matter what you saw in her, she's gone. And we cannot allow that she and her acolytes become yet another faction of gods amongst real people. Super Soldiers cannot be allowed to exist."

Sam's eyes narrowed before saying, "Isn't that how gods talk?"

Zemo was silent so he continued, "And if that's how you feel, what about Bucky?"

He was quiet again, almost like he didn't know how to respond.

"Blood isn't always the solution."

Vivian heard the door open and close as she turned her head to see Bucky walk in and come towards them. He took of his jacket as he said, "Somethings not right about Walker."

"You don't say." Vivian said like it was a surprise.

She shifted on to her back and smiled at him, which he returned with a smaller one. He walked into the kitchen and started to pour himself a drink. "Well, I know a crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy."

"Can't argue with that."

"Shouldn't have given him the shield." Bucky said, making Vivian face fall as they had talked about this. She was half inclined to throw her shoe at him but decided against it.

"I didn't give him the shield." Sam spoke, standing up from his seat while Vivian sat up.

"Well, Steve definitely didn't." He said, making eye contact over the rim of his glass as he took a drink.

Just as he said that, the front door swung open with a bang and in walked Walker and Battlestar Galactica behind him. "All right. That's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn him over." John said loudly, pointing at Zemo while Sam walked over to him.

"Hey, slow your roll. And let's be clear. Shield or no shield, the only thing you're runnin' in here is your mouth. Now, we had Karli and you overstepped. He's actually proven himself useful today. We'll need all hands on deck for whatever's comin' next." Sam said, Zemo slowly moving around them to the kitchen, Vivian not even moving as she watched but still on-guard.

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, Sam? Huh?" Sam stayed silent causing Walker to let out a small chuckle and say, "Yeah...Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?"