8 | hooker

Berlin, Germany

Vivian walked along side Sam and Bucky as they followed a prison guard down the hallway. They were visiting Helmut Zemo. God, this was a terrible idea. But, sadly, she trusted Bucky which meant trusting him to do this. It was so eerily quiet as they walked, the only sound she could hear was the clicking of her thick heels. She glanced at the two beside her, mostly the ex-soldier as the guard spoke.

"He's just through that corridor." He said in a thick accent.

"Alright. Give us a sec." Bucky said in return. The guard nodded to him before walking away.

"I'm gonna go in alone." He said once the man had left, both of them looking at him like he was crazy.

"Why?" Sam asked while Vivian nodded with him.

"You're an Avenger and you're a Fury. You two know how he feels about that." Her eyebrows furrowed but she understood. The Fury's had plenty of enemies that she knew and didn't know of so she thought that Zemo had be one of them regardless of her actually meeting him.

"It's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together." Sam countered with.

"He was obsessed with Hydra. We have a history together. Trust me. I got it."

Vivian let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding as she said quietly, "We already know you do." While Sam didn't say anything. Bucky gave her a small smile before walking away, down the corridor that the guard had pointed out earlier.

***

"What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo outta jail? Where the hell are we, Buck? Have you lost your mind?" Sam questioned him loudly as they navigated...where ever they were. The two men were carrying flashlights to help them see while Vivian could see in the dark. She also thought the idea of breaking him out of a Germany prison was ludicrous but said nothing as Sam seemed to have that covered.

"We have no leads, no moves, nothing." Bucky said like he was tried of hearing the black man complain, which he was.

"What we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars."

"What we also have is eight super soldiers that are loose."

"Zemo's gonna mess with our minds. Especially yours. No offense." Sam said as Vivian looked around before saying, "Bucky, power panel to your right."

He turned, opening the metal box on the wall and flicking the switch on, all the lights turning on as the men turned off their flashlights and Vivian blinked, making her eyes go back to normal.

"Offense." Bucky replied to Sam earlier comment, "Super soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code."

"Yeah and I've been on the wrong side of that code and so have you. He blew up the UN, he killed King T'Chaka and framed you for it. Did you forget that? You think the Wakandans forgot about it? It's a rhetorical question. They didn't." Vivian blew up at him before she took a breath and calmed down, "I know why this matters to you, but it's pushing you off the deep end."

Neither of them had seen her so mad. The only other time was when they were stuck in that tiny car with John Walker. She also stood very still when she was angry, like a mannequin.