11| contact

2016

She couldn't tell if this was her idea or Sharon's. Maybe it was both of their but they had already dug their graves when they took Captain America's shield and Falcon's wing from holding at Shield Base Camp.

But it was for the greater good so it didn't really matter what happened to them, right?

Vivian was leaned against the side of the car with a lit cigarette, smoke pouring from the sides of her mouth. Every few years she quits and then something stressful enough would come along then she would again for a few months till she would quit again.

She kind of liked her system. It wasn't like her lungs would turn cancerous if they were constantly healing themselves back, over and over again.

Vivian's head perked up at the sound of a car pulling up, Steve's getaway car to pick up there stuff. She dropped her cigarette on the ground and stepped on it to put it out as she rounded to the other side of the car. Sharon got out of the car as her fiancé walked around the car.

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car." Sharon said to Steve as the three of them were at the trunk of the girls blacks car.

"It's low profile."

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd." Vivian said, popping the trunk to show the giant frisbee and backpack wings. She laughed to herself, in her own head of course, when she described them like that but she kept that to herself.

Steve looked at the things for a second before looking back up and saying, "I owe you again. Both of you."

The first time Steve Rogers 'owed her' was when they had met and she had told him that her would help him break back into the Shield Headquarters. Vivian hadn't had fun in a while and she always thought that Pierce was a pussy so she really didn't mind helping out.

"Keeping a list." Sharon said teasingly but Vivian wasn't really focused on the conversation at the moment.

Her dark eyes snapped towards Steve's car when she saw movement coming front when back seat of the car. James Barnes had move to sit behind the drivers seat instead of behind Sam. Once he settled in, the two of them made eye contact with each other.

Caramel brown clashing against stormy blue.

She knew about him from before he was the Winter Soldier. She had gone down to the museum to see the Captain America exhibit, to learn more about the story of that shield. She had read plenty in the extensive Shield records but decided she wanted more than just reports.

There she learned about Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes, also known as Bucky, Steve's right hand man. She knew that he served in the 107th and ended up going missing before being found by Captain America, along with four hundred other soldiers. But he ended up 'dying' in 1945 by falling off a Hydra train.

She also knew him as the Winter Soldier. Vivian knew that that wasn't him and was everything Hydra stuffed in his brain but she really didn't appreciate being shot in the head. Shield barely had any intel on the Winter Soldier as most of the intelligence community didn't believe he existed until a few years ago when Shield collapsed.

Bucky had no idea who the woman was. He kind of recognized her from his box prison, maybe even before that but he couldn't remember anything beyond that. No doubt beautiful but nothing came to recollection.

The two of them stared at each other, analyzing each other without saying a word before Vivian was the first to break the gaze, giving him a nod before turning her head back to the conversation.

Just in time to hear Steve say, "Thank you, Vivian. I know how hard it must have been for you, taking these."

She shrugged and said, "It's for the greater good, right? No shame in that."

The blonde chuckled at her way of thinking, nodding both holding out both his arms to her. He gave her a small smile as he gestured to her to take the hug.

She rolled her eyes playfully before stepping into his arms, muttering into his shoulder, "Not good with these but I guess I can make an exception for a man on the run."

He pulled back, thanking her once more, along with Sharon, having already given her a hug before taking the equipment and walking back to his tiny ancient car that was barely big enough for the three buff men.

The two woman stood at their car as they watched them drive away, hand in hand before Vivian asked, "Do you think Steve had to renew his license or do they just let him off because he's Captain America?"

Sharon snorted before laughing at her fiancé, asking, "Is that really what your thinking about right now?"

"Better than thinking of the inevitable."

Bucky never knew the black woman's name, not bothering to ask Steve or Sam as if that would break the reality of them staring at each other.

Until much later of course.

A/N: No kiss between Sharon and Steve because she's a lesbian and engaged to Vivian 😌