12| smoking

The pair walked back into the apartment flat, not holding hands anymore, as Zemo walked out of the double doors that lead to the hallway in a robe. Vivian took the bags from Bucky, not letting him argue when she walked to the kitchen to put the clothes away.

"Well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo. Brought us some more time." Bucky said, making the woman whip her head towards him.

"How do you know that? I was with you the whole time." She said in confusion.

"My walk."

She let out a small 'ohhh' sound as she started to put the things away in the cupboards. Vivian pulled Zemo's credit card out of her pocket and threw it down on the counter in front of him. He looked it for a second before turning his head to her and saying, "Thank you, Vivian."

"Your house, your money." She gave him a shrug.

"We're you followed?" Sam asked with ex-soldier.

"No."

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo asked.

"'Cause I know when I'm being followed."

"I was sweet of you to defend me at least."

"Hey, you shut it. No one's defending you. You killed Nagel." Sam turned his head to look at him, Vivian doing the same thing as she put the last thing away.

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?"

"There's nothing to litigate. You straight shot the man." Vivian said with a slight growl.

"Vivian. Sam." Bucky said, looking at something on his phone, after Vivian showed him how to use most of it.

"What?"

"Karli bombed a GRC supply depot."

This really alerted the two of them. Vivian leaning over his shoulder to read the news headlines.

"What? What are the casualties?"

"Eleven injured, three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met." He said as Bucky let out a sigh.

Zemo decided to butt in now, "She's getting worse. I have the will to complete this mission. Do the three of you?" The tall woman was really close to shoving her claws down his throat but Bucky seemed to sense this and placed a hand on her back.

"She's just a kid."

"You're seeing something is her that isn't there. You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers." Zemo continued before Vivian cut in this time.

"Hey, those are our friends you're talking about."

"The Avengers, not the Nazis." Bucky clarified.

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a peaceful way to stop her." Sam argued.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from a supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop. She will escalate until you kill her," That made Sam sit up slightly straighter, "Or she kills you."

"Maybe you're wrong, Zemo. The serum never corrupted Steve." Bucky said, Vivian nodding at what he was saying.

"Touché. But there had never been another Steve Rogers, has there?" He said with a biscuit around his pointer finger before moving around the island to the cabinets.