CHAPTER TWENTY - My cheek hurts

Naruto is not mine, I'm just taking him and the other duckies out for a swim-swim :d 

(it is getting hard to come up with new intros ngl LOL)

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

-----

SAKURA'S POV

I created a little air bubble in the water and took a breath.

'Phew,' I sighed. I subtly glanced down at the rest of my body floating in the water. I had managed to protect all my organs with chakra control. I could tell I was pretty bruised up, but no bones were broken, at least. 'Now time to wait this out and see how this goes.'

'Do you think Kakashi got the hint?' Inner asked, worriedly.

'Eh, he's Kakashi, the genius!' I responded cheerfully. 'Even if he didn't, I'm sure he'll take this on with a careful and level-headed approach.'

~*~

THIRD PERSON POV

Kakashi did not get the hint, and was ready to throw all careful and level-headed approaches out the goddamn window. 

Naruto and Sasuke just stood there in shock. The former began to quiver in rage, and the latter couldn't move his eyes from the mass of pink floating in front of him. Red began to creep into both of their pupils. 

Cursing, Kakashi readied his hands. "CHIDORI!!!" Zabuza stumbled back, clearly taken off guard by Kakashi's sudden burst of rage. 

Just before his lightning jutsu hit Zabuza's chest, Zabuza fell into the water. A masked ninja stood above him.

~*~ 

SAKURA'S POV 

Hearing the sudden pause and quiet voices negotiating, I thought, Haku must be here. 

'That's great!' Inner cheered. 'Let's go back up when he leaves!'

'Darn, I wanted to meet him,' I pouted inwardly.

When I heard Haku leave, I jumped back up onto the surface of the water. "Hey guys!" I chirped cheerfully. "Good job fighting Peach-san!"

Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, and Tazuna stared at me. 

"...You little-" 

"SAKURA!!!"

"Sakura..." 

Tazuna just looked back and forth between us, confused by what was going on. "Uhhh, well guess she's alive! That's great, pinky!"

Kakashi was the first to reach me. I grinned. "Nice touch with the chidori—"

Slap.

I stood there, stunned. Naruto and Sasuke also shook off their shock and ran towards me. "SENSEI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Naruto screamed, standing in front of me in a defensive position. Sasuke stood next to him, glaring at Kakashi. But they both withered a bit when they saw the menacing look on Kakashi's face.

"Sakura. Playing with your team's emotions was NOT a lesson that I taught you." Kakashi growled. As the shock of being slapped by my one and only smexy sensei wore off, I felt my cheeks grow red. 

"I'm sorry," I muttered. "I tried to give you a hint though. Remember I said "die" with air quotes?" 

"Was that supposed to be a hint that you were going to be so DAMN RASH?"

"Kakashi!" Sasuke grit out. "I think that's enough." 

He turned to me and gently put a hand on my shoulder, looking at the ground. "Sakura, you really scared all of us. Don't do that again, ok?" 

He stepped back, and Naruto pulled me in for a tight hug. 

I sniffed a little. 

"Okay." 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Sasuke covering his eyes, bending over slightly. 

"Sasuke? What's wrong?" 

"My eye— it hurts—"

He removed his hand and we all gasped. 

Sasuke had the one-tomoe sharingan. 

~*~

KAKASHI'S POV

We had made it to Tazuna's home without much further trouble. Luckily, the fight hadn't been as drawn out as I thought it would be, thanks to the entrance of the mysterious masked ninja. Everyone had eaten, washed, and gone into their rooms to sleep. 

The whole time to Tazuna's home, it was awkwardly silent between me and Sakura. I sighed. Maybe I was too harsh with her. She is just a kid.

My heart thumped once more as the memory of seeing her lying face down in the water resurfaced. She painfully reminded me of her. I couldn't stand to lose another so precious to me. 

...Since when has Sakura been so precious to me? 

I groaned and flipped over on the bed. There were other things to worry about. Naruto almost awakening the Kyuubi, for one. Sasuke's sharingan, for another. 

And that masked ninja. 

Zabuza was alive, I knew it. 

I groaned again and closed my eyes. I'll just sleep on it for now. 

But before I could get to sleep, I heard a knock on my door. 

~*~

SAKURA'S POV

"Come in."

I gulped and opened the door. Kakashi was sitting upright on his bed. "Ah, sorry Kakashi! Were you about to go to sleep?"

"No, no, you're good."

Awkward silence.

I let out a nervous breath. "Kakashi... I'm sorry for what I did today." I squirmed, uncomfortable beneath his sudden, focused gaze. "I never meant to play with your emotions," I whispered, the heat rising to my cheeks again. Aw man. I never thought being yelled at by Kakashi would be this hurtful. 

Kakashi sighed, then got out of his bed and walked over to me. I flinched, waiting for another rebuke. Instead, he pulled me in for a brief hug before letting me go. Surprised, I looked up at him.

"It's okay," he said quietly. "I was a bit harsh on you as well. But as long as you understand." 

He ruffled my head before guiding me gently out of the room. 

"You're much more important to all three of us than you think, Sakura." 

The door closed with a soft click.

Still stunned, I brought my hand up to the top of my head.

Poof.

'Hey, Outer!! OUTER!! Are you good???'

'...Kakashi hugged me. He...he hugged me.'

I slowly turned and walked to my room, a smile growing on my face. 

His chest sure was broad af.

-----

W  h  e  w .

Got a chapter out :3 

A teensy little bit of angst here, but was quickly resolved hehe!! I hope you guys liked today's chapter <3 

Also, I know what some of you were thinking when you read the title of this chapter. I see you ;p

Author...OUT!