CHAPTER FIVE - Wish

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

Naruto isn't mine, he's just my test subject in the spicy adventures of ramen ~

-----

I yawned, stretching out my sore shoulders. The ache had gotten a lot better from a year ago, though. But the sickening popping sound is still there when I stretch.

'Oh my god, stop stretching!' Inner screamed, clamping her hands over her ears. I grinned, and continued to stretch like a sadistic cat with nothing else to do.

I liked the popping sound.

Inner didn't.

"Oh, you know you like it, Inner," I hummed cheerfully, bending over and getting another satisfying 'pop' from my spine.

'You embodiment of Satan,' Inner spat distastefully. She cringed at the sound, and tried to roll herself into a ball to console herself.

"You cute embodiment of Satan, you mean," I corrected her, paying no heed to her plight. Actually, it was quite amusing. Gosh, Inner's so cute when she's mad.

While I was drooling over Inner's tsundere-ness, my room door burst open with a loud 'boom'.

"WHAT THE SPICY INSTANT RAMEN?!" I shrieked, dramatically holding a hand to my heart and looking about wildly.

Mebuki and Kizashi were staring at me from the door, Mebuki in complete confusion and Kizashi in utter amusement. "What?" Mebuki asked. Kizashi was trying to hold in his snickers.

"Nothing," I hummed, skipping over to them and giving them a big hug. 'Shut up or I will think of all of the Trump hair memes I have ever seen and personally shove them in front of your face,' I hissed to Inner, who was rolling around in laughter.

I had never seen her shut up so fast.

"Anyways, have you forgotten what day it is, Sakura?" Mebuki asked, chuckling slightly and putting her hands on her hips. I tilted my head questioningly, "No?"

She sighed. "Honestly, this is where our cute little daughter takes after you, Kizashi," she retorted, looking over at her husband. Kizashi laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "Well, we better tell her. Better for the surprise, don'tcha agree?"

I furrowed my brows, trying to sort out what they were talking about. My parents looked down at me, smiling.

"HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY, SAKURA!"

"...Huh?"

Taken utterly by surprise, I just stood there as they swooped down and gathered me into a hug. Stepping back, Mebuki held me by the shoulders. "Didn't you know? It's March 28," she squealed, giggling.

'...Wow, she sounds like you when you find a stash of yaoi,' Inner said, laughing.

'Shh, Inner, shh. A pure maiden's secrets are never to be told,' I responded, ignoring her deadpan face. Seriously, she looked like she just ate a pile of horse crap. I don't know why she would look like that, I'm the sweetest and the most innocent baby chicken the world has ever seen.

I was physically pulled out of my stupor when Mebuki started shaking me vigorously. "Oh Sakura! This happened because you're too focused on your training!" she cried, tearing up.

"That's it!" She stood up suddenly, startling both me and Kizashi, who had been watching the whole emotional spectacle leaning against the door frame. He now flinched and moved abruptly, earning him a bump on the head against the door.