CHAPTER TWELVE - A First Taste

I do not own Naruto loves :3 

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

-----

It's time.

Holy fuck noodles, it's time.

I shifted nervously in my position, adjusting my stance so that I was more comfortably situated in the tree. The night wind blew through my hair, and I cautiously fumbled with my earpiece. 

Shisui's uncharacteristically quiet voice reported, "Confirmation that all members of the clan are within the compound. We may commence."

From my hiding place, I squinted towards the Uchiha compound, now awaiting orders from the one and only silver-haired jounin.

"Ok. Sakura, you're up." Oop, there it is. 

As always, his voice is one smexy delicacy.

'SAKURA NOT THE TIME.'

I rolled my eyes at Inner's rebuke. But she was right, it really wasn't the time. 

Tonight was the night we prevented the Uchiha massacre.

Nearly a year had passed since I had first confided in Shisui and Itachi about what I knew would happen in the future. Since then, the Hokage and I had worked to spread good word about the Uchiha clan throughout the village to ease animosity between the clan and the village. We had also eliminated or re-conditioned a significant portion of the ninjas that Danzo had brainwashed, and collected evidence of Danzo's schemes the corruption of the Council of Elders. In addition, a team of a select few (all of whom the Hokage and I deemed trustworthy) had been assembled to prevent the tragedy and to end the evil Danzhoe and the Council of Elders once and for all. This team consisted of me, Shisui, Itachi, Kakashi, Hokage-gramps, and a few ANBU members who were directly under the Hokage's command and had no ties to Danzo. 

All this boiled down to tonight. 

Itachi, Shisui, Kakashi, and I had been assigned to take care of the Uchihas, while the rest would infiltrate Danzo's base and drag the disgusting rat out of its hole to be put before the hand of justice. 

Welp, back to the present.

"Roger that," I spoke into the earpiece. 

'Ready Inner?'

'Whenever you are.'

I took a deep breath. Here's to a happier future for everyone. 

An image of a smiling Sasuke flashed through my mind. I shook my head, willing myself to concentrate. 

With Inner's help and my natural affinity for genjutsu, I had mastered a few low-level genjutsus which would come in handy tonight. Putting my hands in the familiar seals, I spread my chakra over a portion of the compound and cast a genjutsu over the first couple of Uchihas. 

The standard Uchiha wouldn't so much as blink at my level of genjutsu. If anything, they'd only be mildly taken aback or irritated. In a second, maybe two, my justu would be dispelled. 

That one second was what we were aiming for. 

In a flash, I felt Shisui's familiar chakra wash over the area where I had just placed my genjutsu. 

Kotoamatsukami. 

A ridiculously overpowered genjustu that basically brainwashed people flawlessly into believing what the user wished them to believe. I shook my head, in awe and slightly in fear of Shisui's abilities.