CHAPTER TWO - Let the games begin!

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

Naruto is Kishimoto's pet, I'm just teaching it some new tricks ~

-----

 It had taken me a few more months to completely get rid of the shock. During that time, I was always a bit zoned out and unresponsive, as well as unemotional. I rarely smiled. My parents—Mebuki and Kizashi Haruno—were constantly worried and sending me to the doctor for 'mental checkups'. Their worry quickly abated and was replaced with pleasant surprise as I eventually came to completely accept my new life and existence in this world and started to open up. Their smiles became even bigger as I reverted back to my normal behavior of being a bubbly, happy-go-lucky girl, if not a bit shy when it comes to elders—and of course, with a wicked sense of humor.

So here I am—a fourteen-year old girl in the squishy body of a cute little three-year old baby. And who exactly is this baby? The one and only Sakura Haruno, one of the main protagonists from-

'THE BEST ANIME EVAAAA!!! Come on, Outer, I can't WAIT until we meet Naruto!!!'

I winced. "Inner, keep it down!"

Just like in canon Naruto, I had an Inner. I had discovered this around when I was a year old, when I had been getting ready for bed. It was quite, let's say, an interesting experience.

~ two years ago ~

'Hey!'

I looked around, startled. Just my imagination, I thought, seeing that no one was in my room.

But the voice came again, louder than before. 'Hey you! Stop ignoring me!'

I released a surprised shriek, looking around wildly. "Who are you? Show yourself!"

'Idiot! I'm you! I'm in your mind!'

Realization hit me. "Are you... Inner?"

'Hells yeah!' the voice returned. 'Ugh, it's about time that I came out, you know!'

"Uh...wait. Where did you even come from?" I asked, still in shock.

'Baka. I was, you could say, the 'original' Sakura. But when you oh-so-rudely squished your existence into my body, I was pushed into your subconscious. That's why I'm stuck here, for ramen king's sake!'

I tilted my head thoughtfully. This confirmed that I had been born as Sakura Haruno, in the original plot of the anime, Naruto.

To say I was overjoyed was an understatement.

"Oh my SWEET SWEET RAMEN KING THANK YOU!"

'SHUT UP!'

~ present day ~

Quite unepic given the circumstances at the time, but hey, it's pretty cool having an Inner.

'Why thankies.'

"No problemo."

I had explained to Inner how I came to reside in her body, and had shown her my memories of canon Naruto. She and I immediately agreed to four things. One, to become extremely badass. There was no way that we were going to be called 'useless' or 'weak' on our watch. Inner loudly proclaimed that we were going to be the greatest shinobi ever, and I heartily agreed.

Two, to become friends with Naruto. I had not been able to see him yet due to our parents' natural overprotectiveness that comes with being an only child, but Inner and I had sworn to the sacred ramen king that we would search for Naruto and become his awesomest bestest buddy as soon as we could.