CHAPTER SEVEN - Playing Devil's Advocate

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

I ain't cool enough to own Naruto, but I am awesome enough to own ma darling OC ~

-----

I ran up the stairs in a flash, my pink hair whirling around me. 'It's a flippin' bubblegum storm,' Inner observed. 'More importantly,' I answered, 'why are there so many noodly stairs in this place? I mean, not that I'm out of breath or anything,' I responded to Inner's smirk. She kept the smirk.

'I'm really not, ok?!'

'Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that.'

I finally skidded to a stop at the front of a heavy wooden door, guarded, or should I say, "guarded", by two dozing ninjas. As soon as I stopped in front of them with an extremely purposeful squeaking of my shoes, their eyes flew open and they leaped up into defensive positions. "What the hell?! What's this little girl doing here?" one shouted, his eyes as huge as saucer pans. And let me tell you, I've seen saucer pans. They're huge. The other just looked at me, dumbfounded.

'This one doesn't have much of a brain, does he?' Inner scoffed.

I nodded. 'Man, this place is fancy-schmancy,' I thought, completely disregarding other-random-dude's-unnecessary-drama-queen-outburst, before brushing past the two and into the Hokage's office.

Ignoring yells from the both of them now, I strutted up to the Hokage, who was sitting at his desk with a mildly surprised look on his face. I nearly laughed out loud. Looks like someone is used to having a bunch of freaky things happen to him, I mused.

Skipping up to his desk, I tilted my head backwards in order to look the Hokage in the face. In the extremely old, dotted, wrinkly face.

'Hey! That's what happens with age, Outer! Don't be rude,' Inner said, smacking me on the head. I winced, but quickly covered it up with an innocent smile. 'Inner, you're making me drop my cover!' I hissed. She quickly ducked her head before I could do the same to her and apologized with a sheepish smile.

"Well, what have we got here?" Lord Third said, an amused smile now on his face. I took a deep breath, and smiled back. Gotta play nice. "Why hello there... gramps!" I said with childish innocence and excitement, tilting my head to maximize the effect. Thanks for that one, Naruto, I thought, grinning.

The two ninjas that had chased me into the room and were now standing warily next to me seemed to be in conflict between laughing their asses off and murdering me on the spot.

"G-gramps?" the newly dubbed Gramps stuttered, looking at me with complete amusement now. I huffed. 'How dare he take us for a mere child!' Inner yelled, scowling. 'As much as I hate being underestimated as you do, Inner, this is part of the plan,' I growled back. 'And we won't be working undercover much longer anyway. We just gotta wait until we have him wrapped right around our pinkies,' I added, smirking.

Turning back to the trying-to-hold-his-amused-grin-back-but-utterly-failing old man, I said, "I don't think we've met yet, gramps! My name is Sakura Haruno. You know, like the pretty pink flower that blooms in the springtime?"

"Ah, yes, of course," he replied, having calmed down enough to resume wearing his everyday, calm face. "Sakura-chan, my dear, may I ask you why you are in this building?"

"Be-CAUSE," I said, emphasizing the 'cause' like a little child might, "this building looked important! And really, really BIG. And I like big, important-looking thingies!"

Turning back to face the two now utterly confused ninjas still standing in the room, staring at our little conversation with their jaws gaping, I added, "Gramps, why are there weird-looking old people in here too? And why are they opening their mouths that wide? Mama said that opening your mouth big can be really rude and make you look stupid," I finished with an admonishing tone and a pouty face—of course, evilly smirking inside all the way.