CHAPTER ONE - Reborn

I ain't cool enough to own Naruto, but I am awesome enough to own ma darling OC ~

'...' Inner

'...' Outer

-----

Nothingness.

That was the first thing I registered. All my senses felt numbed as my eyes searched the blankness around me. My limbs moved about slowly, as if caught in thick syrup. I blinked in wonder, confused, comfortable, and sleepy. If this was death, then I guess it wasn't so bad.

Then came the pain.

Pain. Painpainpainpainpain. I thrashed around as I screamed and cried, but no sound escaped out of my mouth. Well, to be perfectly fair, I didn't really have a mouth anymore. I didn't have a body.

At least that's what I thought.

All of a sudden, the nothingness was torn away like a veil, exposing me to a dark, sticky warmth. I could finally hear my screams, as well as feel — feel something pushing against me, pushing me forward, pushing me out.

"Arghh!! My cute little daughter-ughhh-why are you so frickin painful to give birth to!"

Oh.

Oh.

NO FRICKIN WAY WUT.

A loud, desperate female cry joined my screams, and I was exposed to cool air. I was so confused, so shocked as to these unexpected turn of events that I couldn't seem to do anything else but wail.

Gentle hands wrapped me in a fuzzy warm blanket and laid me next to the woman that had given birth to me. A soft warm weight settled over me, and I instinctively calmed and grew sleepy. Oh well, what the hell.

"Her name will be Sakura. Sakura Haruno."

Those were the last words I heard before I slipped into oblivion.

~ * ~

I awoke swamped in soft blankets and pillows, my body cushioned and warm. I slowly blinked as I looked around me, well, as I looked around as well as I could. This infant body is really weak, I thought.

Wait.

Infant?!

My eyes opened wide, and I struggled and kicked against my blankets to try and prove that I wasn't an infant. I managed to turn my head over and look at my hand.

It was pudgy and small. Oh so small.

Oh so baby-like.

I let out a cry, confused and frustrated. Why am I an infant? Wasn't I supposed to be dead? Where am I?

Why am I still alive?

I kept crying as rivulets of tears poured down my face. I didn't know why I was crying, but I couldn't seem to stop. I was helpless. And that only made me cry harder.

"Shh, Sakura," a warm, soothing voice said, "everything's ok. Mommy's here." I sniffled as gentle hands picked me up and cradled me. Of course, I didn't stop crying immediately. But as time went on and the crooning voice kept washing over me, my wails subsided and I was able to think clearly.

Ok, I thought. It seems as if I've been reincarnated. Although I have no idea in the name of sweet ramen king why.

I opened my swollen eyes to see the smiling face of my newfound mother. The sheer love radiating from her face was enough to send a wave of emotions to batter against my already bruised heart. I felt tears welling at the corners of my eyes again, and her smile quickly turned into a frown of concern. My eyes widened as I realized what I had done.

Willing my tears to dry, I smiled up at the woman. Relieved, she smiled back at me and placed me back into my crib. She then walked out of the room and closed the door, failing to see my smile harden back into a determined line.

I've been given another chance at life. I don't know why, but I have.

I turned my head and looked out the window. The sky was a perfect blue, with white fluffy clouds dotted all over it. I have been given another chance to prove myself. To love. To believe.

To achieve my goal.

And I'm not going to let it go to waste.

-----

OC has officially been reincarnated as Sakura!! *cue popping confetti* *cue screams from neighbors to keep it down*

Author...OUT!