~Chapter 1~

"Tanjiro" A woman with a towel covering her black hair called out to her oldest son, a boy with black hair and burgundy tips stood up with a basket on his back full of coal. "Your face is covered in soot. Come over here." The mother said. The boy now know as Tanjiro walked over t his mother and she cleaned the soot off of his face. "It's dangerous with all of this snow. You don't have to go, you know." His mother said. "Well, I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm going to sell as much charcoal as I can." Tanjiro said. His mother smiled at him "Thank you." She said and finished cleaning his face. "Big Bro!" They heard a small voice shout. They both turned and saw two little kids running towards them a boy and a girl. "You're going into town again today?" The boy asked. "I'm going with you!" The little girl shouted. "Oh no, you're not. You know you can't walk fast like Tanjiro." The mother said. "Mom!" The boy shouted in protest. "You may not." The mother said walking up to the two kids. "Since he can't use the cart today, he won't be able to give you a ride when you're tired." The mother said. "Big Bro!" The boy shouted and ran up to Tanjiro and hugged him. "I wanna go with you! I promise I'll help you!" The girl shouted. "Thanks Hanako. But you're staying home today." Tanjiro said to her putting his hand on her head. 

Tanjiro knelled down to the to the younger boy "You too, Shigeru. But I'll get you tons of goodies, okay?" Tanjiro said. "Really?" Shigeru asked. "Yeah." Tanjiro responded. Shigeru giggled a bit and Tanjiro looked back at Hanako "And Hanako, I'll read for you when I'm back." He said. "Okay!" She exclaimed. "That's a good girl. Thank you so much, Tanjiro." The mother said. "Sure, I'll be heading out now." Tanjiro said. "Takeo, will you chop as much wood as you can?" Tanjiro asked another younger boy. "Sure, I'll do it, but I was hoping we could do it together." Takeo said. Tanjiro walked over and rubbed his head "There, there." Tanjiro said smiling. "What's with that all of a sudden?" Takeo asked him. "You're blushing, Take!" Shigeru teased. "Hey, you shut up!" Takeo shouted towards him. Tanjiro rubbed Takeo's head with both of his hands "There, there." He said. "I said cut it out!" Takeo shouted moving away from him. Everyone laughed a bit and Tanjiro starts to head out. "Hurry back okay?" Shigeru called out to Tanjiro. "Be safe, okay?" Hanako said. Tanjiro waved back at them and he continued walking. "Big Brother!" An older girl said with black hair and a little boy on her back.

"Hey Nezuko." Tanjiro said walking up towards her. "I was putting Rokuta down for a nap, or he'd make a scene when you leave." The girl know as Nezuko said. "He misses Dad a lot after he passed away." Nezuko said looking back at the boy. Tanjiro rubbed the little boy's head "And everyone follows you wherever you go." Nezuko said. "Hey, where's Sakura?" Tanjiro asked her. "She's at her usual spot in the forest playing her flute." Nezuko said. Sakura was the eldest child of the Kamado family and she is basically the second mother of the family. Ever since she was 5 when their dad was alive he taught her how to learn the flute and they would play their flute sometimes together. Sakura loved playing the flute and for her 8th birthday her dad bought her, her own flute and she was so excited to have her own flute(picture at the top). She has always had her flute on her ever since their dad passed away. Once a week she would go into the forest for like 5 minutes and play her flute since it was the last thing her father gave her. "Alright tell her I'll be back after awhile." Tanjiro said. "See you later!" Nezuko shouted and Tanjiro continued walking down

Sakura POV

I sat in the forest on the ground not really bothered the snow. I push a strand of my black hair behind my ear. I toned out everything and I could the crickets and river flowing not far from me. I breathe out seeing my breath from the cold air and I put my flute up to my mouth and start playing.

After I finish playing I just sit for a bit "Big sis! Mom said come on back before you get a cold!" I heard Hanako shout. I smiled and stood up brushing the snow off of my kimono. I had a short black sakura kimono on with white shorts on underneath and I had my white boots on. 

"Ugh~ It's starting to get harder to get up now

"Ugh~ It's starting to get harder to get up now." I groaned rubbing my stomach. I was currently 5 months pregnant with my second child and my husband Giyu Tomioka. I turned towards Hanako and smiled "Come on lets head back." I said and she smiled and grabbed my hand and we walked out of the forest and into our house. "Mom! I got her!" Hanako shouted. "Big sis!" Shigeru shouted and hugged my legs. "Hey buddy." I said rubbing his head. "Now you ma'am go sit by the fire and get warm. You were out there longer than usual and you're pregnant again." Mom said. "Sorry mom, I lost track of how long I was out there." I said and I sat by the fire on the floor. I criss crossed my legs and I put my flute in my kimono sash so I don't lose it for right now. "Hey Nezuko." I said as she laid her head in my lap. "Hey big sis. Tanjiro said he'll see you when he gets back." She said. I nodded and I just played with her hair for a bit.