~Chapter 11~

Sakura POV

"Sakura...Sakura...Wake up, Sakura. You have to save your brother. I know you can do it now, Sakura. Do your best. Please, Sakura. Or your brother will be killed too!" I heard my mom shout and my eyes shot open. "Blood Demon Art. Blood moon eruption!" I shouted and all of the blood that were on the threads turned purple and exploded along with Nezuko using her Blood Demon Art and Tanjiro managed to cut Rui's head off. "G-Good job...little brother." I managed to get out and I feel the threads disappeared off of me and I fell on the ground. "Mama! Mom!" I heard two voice shout. "Katsu...Michi..." I said before I passed out.

Time skip

I woke up to yelling and I groaned and sat up. I was fully healed, but I just wanted to sleep. I sighed and I changed into my Demon Slayer uniform. I had the same uniform as Mitsuri's and I put my haori on. Luckily my lance wasn't broken and I wouldn't have May beat my ass because I broke my lance again. I walked out and I kicked Zenitsu in his side. "Quit yelling, idiot!" I shouted and I sighed pinching my nose. "What are you complaining about now?" I asked. "The Rehabilitation Training with Aoi, Kanao, Michiko and the Butterfly girls." Tanjiro said. "Oh I'm the one who helped Michiko with this. I'm actually another part of the training. "Sakura~san!~ We need you for the Combat Training!" The Butterfly girls shouted and dragged me away. "Alright! Alright! Let's go." I said and the boys went back inside. First the Butterfly girls massaged them and then one by one they went through trying to beat Kanao in the reflex training and Michiko in the full body training, but all of them lost. "You're reflexes suck." I said. "How about you give it a try against her!" Zenitsu yelled and I smirked and I sat down at the table with Kanao and we waited. We both were watching for any sudden movement. Then I quickly grabbed a cup and threw the water on Kanao. "What?!" The boys questioned. "I blinked and it was all over." Tanjiro said. "No one can beat Lady Sakura when it comes down to reflexes. Even the other Hashiras' reflexes can't compare to her's." One of the Butterfly girls said and I smiled and handed Kanao a towel. "So Zenitsu, wanna have a go?" I asked and he shook his head.

"That's what I thought. Let's go you're up first for the Combat Training since you think so little of me." I said standing up. I grabbed two of the wooden swords and I threw one at Zenitsu. "Alright, Lightning Boy let's see what you can do." I said and Zenitsu blushed and then he ran towards me getting ready to swing his sword. "You're form is a bit off. Fix your feet." I said easily dodging and hitting his feet with my wooden sword. I just kept dodging with ease as Zenitsu kept trying to hit me. "Oh nah! That's not fair! Slam him on the ground like how you did me and Katsu! And you still do it!" Michiko yelled and I giggled and right as Zenitsu was about to hit me I fell into the splits. I twist around and kick my right leg up and on Zenitsu's stomach and I quickly sit up and grab the back of his shirt and slam him down on the ground. "I win." I said hitting him on his forehead with my sword. Then Tanjiro and Inosuke lost too and they were all soaked from Kanao and tired from me and Michiko. For the past 5 days Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu continued to lose to me, Kanao and Michiko in the reflex, full body and combat training. Inosuke and Zenitsu ended up giving up and didn't come back, but Tanjiro stayed. Then for the next 15 days Tanjiro has been working hard and trying to do Total Concentration breathing 24/7 now. It was dark and I was sitting outside meditating and I could hear Tanjiro on the roof above me. "Moshi mosh." I heard Shinobu say. "Yes?" Tanjiro asked.

"I can see you're working very hard. Even though your friends went off somewhere... Don't you feel lonely all by yourself?" Shinobu asked. "No! Because once I've master it myself, I can teach them, too!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "You have a beautiful soul, don't you?" Shinobu asked. "Um... Why did you bring us all here?" Tanjiro asked. "Nezuko and Lady Sakura's existence has been officially acknowledged, and the three of you were injured so seriously. And also, I'd like to entrust my dream to you." Shinobu said. "Dream?" Tanjiro questioned. "Yes. My dream that we can become friends with demons. I'm quite sure you can accomplish that." Shinobu said. "Are you angry? For some reason, I'm always picking up an angry scent from you even though you're always smiling." Tanjiro said and I opened my eyes. "Yes. You're right. It might be true that I'm in a constant state of anger. Ever since my beloved big sister was slaughtered by a demon. Every time I see the tears of those who've lost ones to a demon, every time I hear those cries of despair, the anger keeps building up inside me and continues to swell. Deep down in the innermost depths of my body, there's a revulsion that I can't fight. I'm sure the other Hashira feel something similar, as well. Well, this time, they saw Nezuko, who's never devoured a human, with their own eyes, and they've memorized her presence. Out of respect for the Master's wishes, I don't think anyone will raise a hand to her. Lady Sakura is a well respected Hashira, demon or not they won't touch her. My big sister was a kind hearted person like you. She had sympathy for demons. Even when she was on the brink of death, she still felt pity for them. I couldn't bring myself to feel that way. How can you feel sorry for something that's killed humans? I've never heard of anything so absurd. But if that was how my sister truly felt, then I must carry it on. If there's a way not to kill these pitiful demons, I have to keep trying to come up with it. Without ever extinguishing the smile that my sister said she loved..." Shinobu said and I could feel my eyes start to water a bit.

Kanae was my best friend here at the Demon Corps. She's the reason me and Giyu got together and eventually got married. She was my maid of honor at my wedding, even Shinobu thought of me as her second big sister. Me and Kanae went everywhere together. When Kanae died I promised her that I would take good care of Shinobu and Kanao. I wiped my tears and I continued to listen. "But now, I'm a bit exhausted. Demons do nothing but lie. Losing all reason out of self preservation, they murder humans with their instincts laid totally bare. Tanjiro, please do all that you can. Please find a way to protect Nezuko and even Lady Sakura until the end. Knowing that you're working so hard in my place reassures me to no end. I can rest easy now." Shinobu said. "But...Whenever you're around Sakura you calm down. All of the anger leaves your body." Tanjiro said. "Lady Sakura is your big sister correct?" Shinobu asked. "Yes she is." Tanjiro said. "Lady Sakura and my big sister were best friends before she died. They did everything together. I think of Lady Sakura as my big sister also. Lady Sakura promised my sister to take care of me and Kanao. Besides she just has this calm feeling around her. She so sweet and caring. It just completely gets rid of that anger inside of me. And the way she fights, it's like she dancing and flying." Shinobu said and I smiled. "Like a Fairy." Tanjiro said. "Yes, exactly. It's just something magical and mythical about her that I love." Shinobu said and then she sighed. "You have a wonderful big sister Tanjiro. But listen to me, even if she says she doesn't need it. Protect her with your life. I would do the same thing." Shinobu said and I finally got up and I went to go rest.