Chapter 4: Suspicions

The boys went inside the guild feeling dejected. They were immediately greeted by the other guys who stayed and asked them in chorus: "How'd your mission go? Did you guys find anything about what the girls are hiding?"

   They were answered by a "Bad" and a "Nope".

   Those who questioned them knew about the mission but were to scared to join since Erza and Mira were also there. The exhausted boys just sat down on the benches.

   After an hour, Lucy, Mira and the other girls arrived and gathered around the counter.

   Gray suddenly stood up and announced quietly so that only the boys can hear, "I've decided to ask Juvia since she always tell me something without hesitation."

   "And you just decided that now?" Romeo asked.

   "Yep. Gotta go," He replied before walking towards the girls, more specifically to Juvia. All of the girls, except Juvia, got up to leave, looking at Gray with either a smile, glare or a giggle. The last one to leave was Erza who whispered something in Juvia's ear. And that folks was how a certain Gray Fullbuster was left alone with a Juvia Lockser.

   Juvia exclaims, "Oh, Gray-sama!"

   "Oh, hey Juvia. I have something I want to ask. Will you answer it for me?" Gray asked politely.

   She replied, "Of course you can Gray-sama! You can ask me anything."

   He laughs nervously before asking, "What are you girls hiding from us?"

   Complete silence filled the air between them before...

   "Um... We were... Uh... P-planning about a... You know... A... Tea Party. Yes! A Tea Party. Exactly. That's right."

   Gray didn't seem convinced, especially since she stuttered and was avoiding eye contact.

   He raised a brow and bends to look at her eyes. "Are you telling me the truth?"

   "Of course Gray-sama! Juvia would never lie to you."

   Point taken. But still suspicious. Gray thinks warily.

   "Well... Okay I guess," With that, he went back to his table.

   "Hey stripper, what intel did you get? But the real question is that if you really got any from Rain Woman?" Gajeel says with a taunting smirk.

   Gray snorted, "Of course I did. She said they're having a Tea Party which might have been a lie." He says the last eight words slowly and quietly as his eyes widened.

   "So you ain't got any intel then? So that means Juvia ain't loving you as she used to," Gajeel decides, making Gray clench his fists and grit his teeth.

   "Will we give up now?" Jellal asks hopefully.

   Gray understand him though, I mean... Who would want to spy on girls and collect info about them when they could do something... Productive. Like going on missions.

   The other guys look at him angrily and said with pride, "Never in a million years."

   "O... Kay?"

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

   "Bad news minna-san!" Was what Juvia first said when the other girls returned to the counter.

   "What's the problem Juvia?" Mira calmly asked.

   "The boys are suspecting us!"

   A "No way" and "How did you know" filled the water mage's ears.

   "Gray-sama just asked Juvia what we were planning."

   "And?"

   "Juvia answered that we were having a Tea Party which he sort of didn't... Believe?"

   Levy snapped her fingers and suggested, "Why don't we make a trap for the boys which obviously involves Juvia's answer. In other words, we'll have a Tea Party at Lu-chan's place. Is it okay for you Lu-chan?"

   The said girl just gave a nod and a thumbs up.

   "And we'll show them that we're really doing it for then to be less suspicious of us. How was that?"

   A series of "Good"s and "Not bad"s answered her question.

   And with that, phase one of their plan started to commence.

   "Okay girls, we better get some rest so that's we'll still have enough energy for tomorrow's Tea Party," Lucy said loudly so that the boys can overhear.

   "Of course we will," Levy answered in the same volume of voice as her best friend's.

   Mira quickly added, "Before you all leave, please wear the clothes that we bought earlier for tomorrow."

   "I will. Bye guys. Oh, and good night," Lucy waved.

   The other girls waved back. "Bye Lu-chan/Lucy/-san. Good night."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

   "We should spy on 'em tomorrow to see if they're telling the truth," Natsu quietly suggested.

   "I agree with Flame Head just this once," Gray agreed.

   "Who're you calling Flame Head, Droopy Eyes?" A vein throbbed on Natsu's forehead.

   Gray just rolled his eyes and laughed, "Isn't it obvious Ash for Brains?"

   Before the brawl could even start, Laxus' stopped them both with a death glare.

   "It's settled. We'll spy on the girls just like what the two idiots here have said," Gajeel finalized the plan.

   "Of course," Every men, one exceed and one teenage boy agreed.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

The Just So You Know Corner
(⌒o⌒)

JSYK#4: It said only "one exceed" because Pantherlily is much more mature than these guys and because he has no reason to be involved. Also because he believes that he should just mind his own business.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Countdown Calendar:
13 more days until the Girls' Night Out.