Chapter 16: The Hospitalized Master

"Where am I?" Sting asked himself, staring at the ceiling. "How did I get here?" He tried to stand up but pain jolted through his body. "Ouch. What the heck?!" He looked at down and saw himself covered in bandages and his left arm having a cast.

   Then, someone knocked on the door and went inside before he can say anything.

   "Sting-sama! You're awake," Yukino, carrying a basket of apples, gasped, eyes widened in surprise before a tear slipped out.

   Sting was now panicking. "Oi. Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?" His questions didn't stop until Yukino giggled.

   "I'm okay Sting-sama. I'm just happy that you have awoken."

   The said dragon-slayer became flustered. Eh? She's happy? Most especially because I woke up? He grinned happily at the thought.

   "Yukino, why don't you sit down?" The girl blushed in embarrassment before sitting down on the chair next to the bed and placed the basket on her lap.

   Sting eyed the apple like it was his prey and licked his lips. Yukino, who noticed his actions, knowingly smiled and took a knife and a plate inside the basket and asked Sting to hold the plate for her before peeling an apple, sliced it into pieces and put it on the plate.

    Yukino smiled at him, "Please eat those for the meantime Sting-sama."

   Sting smiled at her and began to eat the sliced apples while Yukino watches over him with a serene smile. When he finished eating the apple, his blue eyes met Yukino's brown ones. Both were unable to look away from each other. Both leaned into each other, lips a few centimeters apart and cheeks flushed.

   Rogue, Frosch, Lector, Rufus, Minerva and Orga barged into the room, glancing from their guild master to their guild mate. Rogue's eyes widened, Lector covered Frosch's eyes while he was just as wide-eyed as Rogue, Rufus and Orga jaw-dropped while Minerva grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

   "Sorry if we disturbed you," Minerva gave them a sly wink before dragging the other boys and exceeds outside.

   The moment was totally ruined. Sting thought dejected.

   H-He's too close. Yukino thought, blushing a bright shade of red and closed her eyes.

   Sting noticed her discomfort and backed away from her. "Sorry."

   She shook her head, still red. "It's okay Sting-sama," She grabbed the plate from him and put it back inside the basket, held the basket by its handle and stood up. "I'll be going now Sting-sama," She gave him a smile before exiting the room. When she fully closed the door, she heaved a loud sigh.

   "So how's it go Yukino?" Minerva asked, surprising the said girl from her sudden appearance.

   Minerva raised a brow, waiting for a fidgeting Yukino to answer. When the Celestial mage still didn't say anything, she rolled her eyes and linked arms with Yukino.

   She flashed her an evil smirk before turning it into a smile. "Let's talk at my place," And dragged her out of the hospital.

   "Uh... Well that was something," Orga commented.

    "According to my memory, there's no incident of M'lady acting like that before," Rufus stated.

    Rogue looked unfazed by the scene. He then proceeded to open the door and entered the room.

    "Oi Rogue. Good to see you man," Sting grinned happily at the Shadow Dragon-slayer.

    He just gave a small smile in return and sat down on the seat.

    "Are you gonna tell Yukino that you love her?"

   This question shocked Sting that he almost choked on his own saliva.

   "What the heck are you talking about?"

    Rogue stared at him blankly. "You can fool everyone in the whole world but you can never fool me."

    "I know. You're my best friend after all," Sting chuckled. "And just so you know, I dunno if I can can confess to her right now since I hurt her before."

   Rogue pats his shoulder. "Yukino isn't the type to hold grudges."

    Especially to you who she loves so much. He mentally added.

    Sting squeezed Rogue's hand. "Thanks."

    "By the way, how did you get beaten up?"

    That question made Sting cringe in fear. "I... I don't remember."

   I don't wanna remember the demon I saw that day.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

   "Lu-chan did you know?" Levy asked her best friend who's currently taking a sip on her milkshake.

   "Know about what Levy-chan?"

    Levy leaned closer to her and whispered in her ear. "I've heard that Sting-san was beaten up and is currently recovering at the hospital."

   Lucy's eyes widened in shock and almost threw her milkshake. "What?! When did that happen?" She whispered back.

    "Three days ago."

    Three days ago? From what I remembered that was the time we invited Minerva-san and Yukino to join our night out and the time where Mira-san... Lucy then realized and looked at the said person. Mira-san was hyperventilating, saying stuffs about blondes and on the night when we heard a scream she wasn't there. Lucy stood up from her seat.

   "What's wrong Lu-chan?" Levy asked.

     Lucy just sends her a fake smile. "It's nothing Levy-chan, I just remembered that I have to do something." And there she stormed out of the guild.

    So Mira-san did beat up Sting-san. I knew it! Poor Sting-san. You just had to face the wrath of a demon. Condolence to you Sting-san.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

    "Achoo!" Sting sneezed.

    "Are you okay Sting-kun?" Lector asked worriedly.

    Sting nodded.

    Why do I get the feeling that someone is either making fun of me or sympathized with me.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

New Countdown Calendar:
more days until the Girls' Night Out.