chapter two!

chapter two! the detention

───   ✞  ───

"Please Michelle,"
Erin begged the loudmouth Mallon, as the girls gathered for lunch in an abandoned corridor.

"No," Michelle sighed for what felt like the hundredth time since Erin had been begging her since David Donnelly had mentioned it that morning, "I have no interest in David Donnelly's spazmo band."

"They look nice," Clare mumbled, longingly staring at the packet of crips in Michelle's hand.

"I can't go on my own," Erin carried on ignoring Clare, who sat creepily watching each girl with their lunches.

"Are they nice?"

"Clare, are you sure you don't want half my sandwich?" Aoife asked, holding half of her strawberry jam sandwich in front of the short blonde.

"I can't do that to Kamal," she denied, hugging her sponsor pack closer to her chest.

"Bring Bobby Sands," Michelle suggested, pointing to the hunger-stricken blonde beside Aoife.

"Sure, how could I go? I'm so weak I can barely walk," Clare complained, slumping further down in her chair.

"Just think about how much good you're doing for Kamal," Aoife cheered, a supportive smile gracing her stained pink lips.

"What about Orla?" the Mallon girl suggested, gesturing a crisp towards the odd girl, who sat inspecting each one of her fingers individually.

"I love my wee fingers," Orla spoke up, a temporary silence blanketing the group.

"Orla's mental," Erin argued, brushing off the fact that her statement saddened her cousin slightly.

"It's okay, Orla, you're a good sort of mental," Aoife reassured, wrapping her half-eaten sandwich back in the clingfilm it had been wrapped in, just in case Clare decided to take her up on her earlier offer.

"Take Aoife she's perfectly normal," Michelle pointed to the redhead, who had begun fishing in her blazer pocket for a piece of titty fruity bubblegum.

"Can't, I have detention tonight," Aoife quickly denied before Erin had the chance to insult her.

"It's the first day, how did you get detention already?" Michelle asked in an attempt to move on from the topic of David Donnelly's gig, which had all that Erin had spoken about all day.