chapter fourteen!

chapter fourteen! the wee lesbian

─── ✞ ───

Loudly gossiping the teenagers came bundling through the Quinn's front door.
Usually when the hoard of teenagers invaded the Quinn home, instead of their own homes Mary Quinn defiantly had something to say about it.
But not today, Aoife could sense something was wrong with her auntie the minute the group stepped foot into the house.
This theory was confirmed when Mary met the group with a weird grin holding her scarcely filled washing basket.

Mary had quickly demanded the teenager's skirts, blazers, and ties. Finally been able to fill her half-load of dark washing, leaving Aoife and her friends were only in their white school shirts.

James had been struggling to meet Aoife's eyes after she'd shimmied out of her school skirt, exposing her bare legs and lacy pants and popped herself onto the counter. Aoife had been under pressure all day trying to finish the poster her parents had begged her to create for a live music night coming up in the pub.

"Hey! Let me look at that," Mary shouted at James, from where she sat peeling potatoes for dinner. James nervously glanced at his girlfriend, who often him a small smile before James timidly showed Mary the plate, 
"You call that clean, do you?"

"Different standards, you see, Mary," Sarah sighed at her sister, pausing from painting her nails before turning to the boy, "You're not in England now, son."

"Orla was the one who washed it," James quickly defended himself.

"Oh, OK. OK," Orla started turning around from the sink, "I have had it with you, James, and your picking, picking, picking, and I won't take it anymore. Do you hear me?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at Orla, with confused expressions on their face.

"Is everything OK, Orla?" James softly asked the girl.

"Orla?" Aoife asked, leaning forwards to look at the girl, James rushed over to his girlfriend, placing his hand on her knee trying to prevent her falling off the counter.

"I warned you, Orla. You're putting yourself under too much pressure," Sarah warned her daughter, shaking her head.

"Can't fail, mammy," Orla panicked, looking down at her feet which were moving without Orla realising.

"Since when have you been troubled by exams?" Erin snapped at her cousin.

"Erin! That's not very nice," Aoife scolded the blonde, capping her marker and scowling at Erin.