chapter ten!

chapter ten! the party

─── ✞ ───

"Da was really on it tonight," 
Aoife grumbled, running up to Michelle who stood waiting for the O'Malley twins before she headed inside.
Aoife hadn't been too thrilled about attending Jenny Joyce's party, she didn't want to spend her entire night watching Katya stick her tongue down James' throat.

"We cannot be late back tonight," Orin added, his eyes flitting to the massive house, "Not a second late."

"Size of this mother-fucking house," Michelle smiled, wrapping her hand around Aoife and pulling her into the house, the rest of the group trailing behind.

"Listen, I think James might be in real trouble," Erin breathed out breathlessly, Aoife snapped her attention to her blonde cousin panic bubbling under the surface as the words settled in her brain.

"Rightm struggling to give a shit if I'm honest," Michelle nodded, lifting the bottle of vodka to her lips before offering it to her best friend next to her.

"Where is Katya?" one of the Ukranian boys asked coming up to the group of girls.

"I don't know, why?" Erin dismissed, in which the boy pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket.

"I must give," the boy nodded to the money.

Clare bounced up to the girls, a proud smile splashed across her face, and a bright Union flag t-shirt covered her chest, "Hi girls."

"Have you got a Union Jack splashed across your tits, Clare?" Michelle outrageously asked, shocked at her friend's decision.

"I'm making a point,"

"You're gonna get beaten up," Aoife panicked, knowing Clare's decision would not end well.

"Me wearing this, it should be meaningless. These are just colours and shapes. This flag is not my identity. We need to take the power out of these symbols," Clare passionately explained.

 "You're still gonna get beaten up," Aoife shook her head, "No one else will see it like that."

"Enjoying that chocolate fountain, Orla?" Orin sarcastically smirked at his cousin, who had two sticks of chocolate-coated marshmallows in her hands.

"Very much so," Orla nodded, chocolate already painted around her lips.

Before Orla's cousins and friends could respond to her, Jenny's panicked voice broke through the room,
"Has anyone seen Artem? I untied him for his toilet privileges half an hour ago and now I can't find him."