Part 7

Virgil watched as Janus followed him close. It was getting late, they only went out at night. Never day. Too many people and too many expectations to know on the new world. Janus tugged on Virgil's shirt, looking up at him.

"Can I run around a little?" Janus mumbled, not knowing what Virgil had planned. Virgil smiled softly.

"Ima get you!" Virgil laughed, chasing Janus around. Janus giggled, weaving through any crowd that did happen to be around.

"No you wont!" Janus laughed, letting out an oof when he ran into someone, falling to the grass. The person, looked down, offering a hand to Janus. Janus looked back to Virgil, desperately needing Virgil's help as seen in his eyes. Virgil went over quickly helping Janus up.

"Im so sorry for my brother, we were playing chase" Virgil explained quickly.

"No no, its quite alright" They chuckled softly. Virgil nodded, meeting there eyes and watching as they moved there red hair away. Virgil examined their clothes, stepping back a little.

"Are you a hero or something? Virgil mumbled. Janus also examined the other, shrugging, he seemed nice enough. The other nodded.

"I am known as Creativity! I am indeed a hero" He said with a smile. Virgil nodded, backing up a little. Urging Janus to do the same.

"Would you quit it with that? Everyone here calls us villains and nobody in this blasted city will change their mind" Another said. Slowly stepping into the scene. Virgil pulled Janus back quickly, remembering the eyes of the newer man as the first encounter they had had.

"But V-" Virgil hushed him with a look.

"I apologize however we must be going now, dreadful etiquette, I am sorry for this. However I think I left the sink going" Virgil explained in a panic. The red haired male stepped forward.

"Just because we're called villains does not mean we are, please remember that" They said quickly. Virgil nodded blankly, dragging Janus away who laughed lightly, waving.

"See you soon!" Janus called, Virgil looked at him.

"Shut up- we are not seeing them again, they had been following us awhile back do you not remember?" Virgil chastised. Janus laughed.

"Mhm- yeah- sure- we can go with that" Janus laughed, waving goodbye again. Before stopping and looking at Virgil. "Why'd we stop?" Virgil looked at him with a glare.

"I'm not getting in the middle of whatever that is" Virgil said, pointing at two people riding around on bikes in the only exit area. "Meaning the other way to get out of here is back towards your new found friends or whatever" Virgil grumbled.

"Duck" Janus said randomly, crouching down himself, Virgil obviously followed what he said and did the same thing, flinching as a blast of something went right over them.

"What the fuck!" Virgil almost shouted. Janus shushed him, pulling him off to the side.

"The exit is blocked, we have to wait... and also dodge- not the point" Janus explained. His eyes glowing yellow. 

"How the hell do you still have access to the angel data base thingy or whatever?" Virgil hissed.

"Your the one who fell- I just followed." Virgil groaned, shaking his head.

"Stop being so mature, your my little brother." Janus blinked at him in confusion.

"And your point?"

"I'm meant to take care of you, not the other way around," Virgil huffed. "Now what the hell is happening" Virgil watched as lightning struck around the two previously thought hero's that turned out to be villains. Virgil backed up, pulling Janus with him.

"We're fine until they start to fight," Janus whispered. Virgil nodded, watching the heroes and villains exchange words before more lightning shot towards the so called villains. Virgil held Janus closer at the noise of the thunder before the blue eyed villain yelled out in pain. Virgil wasn't sure what or when it had happened, all he knew was that he had used his wings to run faster and he was kneeling next to the person's side. Curse his once angel life, he had left Janus. He looked over to Janus quickly, hoping he would stay put. Then they tried getting up, but Virgil kept them in place.

"Don't move, where does it hurt?" Virgil asked softly, scanning the person who wore a white lab coat and a blue under shirt and glasses over for possible lighting burns.

"L-left side" They whispered hoarsely, tears tempted to fall. Virgil nodded softly, his hands glowing a faint purple as he barely brushed over the person's side. They sighed in relief, and Virgil looked back to Janus, already about to rush back before a voice stopped him.

"Oh look at that!" One of the apparently heroes laughed. "They have a guardian angel type of thing! Do you think it feels pain like everyone else?" The one wearing mostly green and black grinned. Virgil stepped back quickly, trying to distance himself from everyone. His eyes kept flickering to Janus in worry and fear. It was only then that he realized what he had just done. He had just shown the fact he was an angel, and that he could heal. Virgil sucked in a breath, looking at Janus. The lighter blue hero followed his stare, finding Janus. They practically materialized in front of Janus, crouching down. Virgil rushed towards the two, covering Janus in his wings as soon as he got close.

"Don't touch him" Virgil hissed, holding his brother tightly. He watched as Janus' eye flashed many times before he sucked in a breath, tensing horribly. Virgil glared at the so-called hero.

"You aren't with the Villains are you? They're really bad people kiddos, I'm sure you can tell by being an angel though" They said softly, "Im Patton, or Morality, that's my hero name.. And over there," Patton said, pointing over to the green and black costumed person who was laughing maniacally as the red one, creativity was it he said? Was holding his arm as if it were broken. Virgil almost went over right then to help, but focused on Janus again, it wasn't bleeding, it'd be ok for now. "He's Creativity, or Remus." Patton explained. "Do you guys need help? You seem pretty confused with everything around here" He smiled softly, and Virgil relaxed lightly, nodding.

"We're from a long time ago, I don't know how any of the stuff here works." Virgil mumbled. "Like... What the hell are those... carriages without horses" Virgil muttered. Patton giggled lightly, a scowl coming to Virgil's face from it.

"If you want, you two can come live with me and Remus... We can teach you everything you need to know" Patton said softly. Virgil bit his lip, nodding lightly.

"We just need to grab our stuff from the inn.." Patton nodded softly. Looking at Remus who was laughing loudly while the other two were obviously in pain. Virgil looked at them in worry.

"I can teleport us there. What's the name of it?" Virgil looked at Patton in confusion. 

"Was that meant to be a name of the building? Why do you have signs? Shouldn't everyone know? To be honest I thought it was decoration"

"Just tell me of the general location okay?" Patton said softly, motioning for Remus to retreat, they had done enough damage.