Part 8

Patton smiled softly, holding onto Virgil and Janus. Janus shied away from the touch before Patton was able to brush his fingers across Janus' temple, teleporting them in that second. Virgil only had a millisecond to hid his wings once more, before the two were plopped in the middle of town with Patton. People glanced at them, brightening at the sight of Patton. Virgil shivered, pulling Janus up and taking them to the inn.

"Harbor Hotel?" Patton asked softly.

"Is that what its called?" Virgil asked. Janus glared at Patton. Patton paid no mind and just nodded.

"Its one of the best places in town. Tourists love it" Patton smiled, opening the door for the two. Janus scurried in, going to the room quickly. Virgil casted a worried glance to where Janus just took off, shaking his head before going with Patton to his room.

"Let me just grab my stuff..." Virgil mumbled. He grabbed the old worn bag, grabbing his nice coat and his extra set of clothes. They didn't have many, but with this life style, who needed more then two? The clothes didn't get very dirty, as long as you bathed every other day at the least. Which is what the two brothers often did.  Virgil grabbed a bag, folding the clothes before putting them in a random bag they had. Janus did the same, putting it into the same bag before glancing at Virgil.

"This isn't a good idea.." Janus mumbled. Virgil looked at him.

"Why's that?" Janus looked at him with an are-you-serious type of look. Virgil rolled his eyes.

"What? Another vision? The future can't change that fast" Virgil said softly, looking down at Janus, holding his shoulders. Janus nodded.

"It's not looking great for us" Janus mumbled softly, looking to the side. Virgil sighed with worry.

"Okay... okay- can you tell me about it?" Janus shook his head. Virgil bit his lip.

"Okay- okay, we just... we just need to be careful, we're gonna be ok, we always are" Virgil mumbled, nodding softly. He took a deep breath, grabbing the bag. "Okay.. let's go" Janus tensed lightly, holding Virgil's had tightly. Virgil held the keys in his hand, walking to the lobby with Janus and Patton.

"Hello there! Are you checking out?" Virgil nodded lightly.

"I'm sorry if it's a mess" Virgil mumbled, handing the keys over.

"Oh I've cleaned your room enough times, I'm sure it just needs a vacuum and new bedding" The woman laughed lightly, waving them off. "I hope your visit was amazing, and where ever you go after here is kind to such kind souls" She said with a smile. Virgil nodded with a soft smile.

"Thank you.."

"Ready to go?" Patton asked. Virgil looked at Janus, nodding lightly. Patton smiled, holding onto the two before teleporting. Virgil yelped as he fell, not realizing how unsteady his footing would become. "Welcome to our humble abode!" Patton giggled, helping Virgil up. Virgil nodded looking around, flinching as someone started talking.

"Who else is here?" Virgil asked lightly, letting Janus hug onto him tightly.

"Hm? Oh nobody! Maybe Remus though" Virgil bit his lip.

"Then who's talking?" Virgil asked. Patton rose a brow, before giggling slightly with realization.

"Oh! You're talking about the tv! It's probably on the news channel"  Virgil looked at him in pure confusion.

"The... what?" Virgil asked confused.

"Oh you'll learn eventually! Anyways, I'll show you guys to your rooms"

"Rooms?" Janus practically hissed. Patton stopped and looked at him confused.

"Well yeah, you guys obviously have separate rooms" Virgil looked to Janus shaking his head.

"We have to share a room..." Patton giggled, waving it off.

"I don't know when you guys lived- but you guys should be having your own rooms! It'll be fine!" Patton smiled, leading the two off. Janus and Virgil looked at each other with uncertainty.

"N-no, we- we uhm. It's for personal reasons" Virgil muttered, squeezing Janus hand tightly.

"You'll be fineeee" Patton said with dismissive tone. "You'll get used to it"

"No-" Virgil flinched back as Patton turned to them quickly.

"Quit arguing with me, you'll be fine in separate rooms" Patton huffed, walking up to a door and opening it. "This will be your room" Patton said, looking down at Janus. Janus looked at Virgil nervously, holding on tightly. Janus nodded softly.

"Let's unpack your clothes..." Virgil muttered, walking in and setting down the bag. He grabbed all of Janus' neatly folded clothes, along with his other small items like some rocks he thought looked cool, and placed them on the bed. "You gonna be okay..." Virgil murmured against the top of Janus' head as he pulled his brother into a hug. "We're gonna be okay..."

Patton looked at Virgil, motioning for him to follow. He reluctantly let go of Janus, following after Patton. The two went down many halls and took many turns, before arriving in front of a door.

"And this is your room!" Patton said brightly. "I'll tell you all the rules of living here at dinner! Dinner is at five! Bye!" Patton said, waving as he walked out, Virgil watched as he turned down a hall, his footsteps slowly fading. Virgil bit at his lip worriedly, going and starting to put his clothes away. Along with his stashed money. He wasn't dumb. He didn't have it in his day, but he knew of it now, it was what this new world ran on. He sighed, looking around the room to find a place to hide it. That's another thing he found out quickly. People always wanted money, and some would do anything to get it. Virgil sighed, hanging his clothes. He looked around the room. Seeing a glowing.... thing... it had random squiggles... he recognized one. It was the number four, his father had always put that on the tools that were made for his family. He never knew why, but it was pressed into his fathers pitchfork at one time. He smiled softly at the number, rubbing the pad of his finger over it with a smile. The it changed, and he basically flew back to heaven. This new world was weird...