Part 18

Not me disappearing for a few months. This chapter sucks too but like- sorry guys-

And didn't even notice when the soft grass turned to cold tile.

Virgil woke slowly, looking around the room. "Where..." he mumbled, before he quickly realized. His breathing picked up quickly, as he moved to the farthest corner he could. "No no no no no" he whispered to himself using his wings to cover himself. Where was Roman? Or Logan? Janus... Virgil hoped Janus was still with Logan and Roman. Even if he didn't trust the two very much, it was better then this. He heard laughing, maniacal laughed at that. He knew who it was.

"Vergie!" Remus laughed, bursting into the room. "We never got to finish integration!" He laughed.

"D-Don't hurt me!" Virgil whimpered, curling away from Remus.

"Well I won't have to if you tell me what I want to know!" Remus giggled. Virgil shook his head.

"I don't know how I died!" He cried as his arm felt like it was spilt into a million pieces. He held it close to him, sobbing.

It went back and forth for hours. Remus asking him before sending him into a world of pain.

"Where are your so called heros?" Remus giggled. Virgil didn't know how long he'd been there, hours? Days? He didn't care much anymore. He had given up, letting Remus do whatever. Remus sighed. "I hate when they stop screaming" he sighed. He left the room, and Virgil laid down, falling into a restless sleep.

"Virgil?" He heard someone whisper. "Virgil" Someone said louder, shaking him. He bolted up, looking around.

"L-Lo?" He whispered in fear. What if this wasn't Logan. "Please be real-" he whispered. Logan frowned.

"What-" He started before shaking his head. "Nevermind, let's get you out of here" he mumbled, lifting Virgil. "I wish I could teleport" Logan muttered angrily. Virgil flinched at the anger and the touch, shaking horribly. Logan frowned sympathetically, looking at him. "It's alright" he shushed softly. Virgil whimpered, shaking his head. His wings were limp, for once not folded up or hidden. Logan frowned. "Virgil, I need you to curl your wings up..." he whispered, running the halls of the labyrinth of a base the so called hero's had.

"I-" He shook his head, his wings folding with pain. He felt like a child. Something he hadn't felt like in years, centuries, decades. He held onto Logan tightly. "Jan?" He whispered, before being shushed, he flinched, closing his eyes.

Logan sighed in soft relief as they finally got back to the house. Well, house base. Virgil had stayed silent for the rest of the trip.

"Janus is with Roman..." Logan said quietly, opening the door to the familiar living room and kitchen. Virgil almost sobbed in relief, nodding and shakily standing on his own with a look of sadness from Logan.

"D-Downstairs?" He whispered. Logan gave a short nod, offering his support to Virgil. Virgil shook his head, going towards the steps. He didn't get far, Janus crashing into him with a shout from Roman. Virgil stumbled, wrapping Janus in his arms and wings, becoming a black blob. He sobbed, as did Janus, as he held him close.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" Virgil said quickly. Almost incomprehensible to the two humans. Janus sobbed, holding him tightly too. Logan and Roman shared a look, before leaving the two so they could talk privately. The two brothers simply held each other tightly for the rest of that day, eventually falling asleep.