Part 16

Virgil ate his soup slowly, keeping an eye on Roman. Janus did end up getting bread, and Virgil also got his burn bandaged.

"Virgil?" Logan said lightly, closing the book he had been reading. Virgil looked up at hun, pushing away his soup.

"What?" He snapped, curling up in his chair defensively.

"I couldn't find you or your family's name, I apologize, you must of come from a very long time ago" Logan said lightly, taking the bowl of soup from Roman, eating a little bit of it.

"Good, I don't want you snooping" Virgil hissed, curling up again. Janus frowned.

"V? Can you just trust them..." Janus whispered. "They're good people, could you at least not snap at them?" Virgil looked away, getting up after a moment and going back to the room. Roman and Logan both looked after him with looks of worry and sadness.

"It'll be okay I'm sure" Roman said lightly, taking another bite of his soup. Logan sat next to Roman, eating aswell.

"Why don't you trust them?" Janus mumbled, looking up from his sewing project, looking up to Virgil. Virgil looked over at him, sighing.

"I just don't, they're villains! Everyone says their villains, villains are bad people..." Janus tilted his head, looking at him.

"The so called heros kidnapped us and beat us for information th-"

"We went willingly" Virgil said, cutting him off.

"You did" Janus mumbled. "I got dragged along thank you very much"

"Because your ten" Virgil deadpanned.

"I'm hundreds of years old just like you" Janus sassed, grinning.

"Whatever"

"Anyways, Roman and Logan, not only got us both out, but have given us a room, given us anything we want, and have been super nice and haven't touched us" Janus continued.

"And?" Virgil said quietly, knowing that Logan and Roman were the good people, but his morals told him hero's were good, and he couldn't get his brain to believe the so called villains were good.

"So you should try and trust them..." Janus mumbled, going back to his project.

"Maybe"

"Janus!" Roman laughed, chasing after the boy in the fenced yard, Janus' wings flapping uselessly while he giggled. Virgil sat on the porch, trying to read a kids book. Logan had the idea to get them outside, as the hero's seemed to not be looking for them. Virgil didn't want to run around though. He listened to Janus' and Romans laughs, struggling to read the first word. Logan had gotten a book for Virgil that was for small children, written in French. He groaned, throwing the book away from him, which happened to land at Logan's feet who was getting himself a book.

"Virgil?" Logan said lightly, sitting close by.

"What?" Virgil snapped, frowning and putting his arms around his legs to keep them in place.

"Would you like some help? I do know a little French," Logan offered. Virgil slowly nodded, remembering his promise to Janus. Logan nodded grabbing the book and sitting next to Virgil, giving him the book back. "What's giving you difficulty?" Virgil looked away a bit, pointing at the second word. Logan nodded, helping him through it.

"This is stupid!" Virgil snapped, pushing the book away. Logan smiled a bit, shaking his head. "What?" Logan held in a laugh.

"I mean no harm by this, however your acting like a child" Virgil scoffed.

"You try reading when you never have ever tried before" Logan rose a brow, smirking.

"I did, when I was younger, and I didn't throw a figurative fit while doing so"

"Well, you-" Virgil sputtered. "You were little, and knew it a tiny bit I'm sure!" Logan laughed, nodding lightly.

"We can go with that" he said with a light smile, pointing back to the book. "We can try one more page, then you can relax alright?" Virgil sighed.

"Fine"