Part 10

Virgil held Janus close in his lap, Janus tucking his head under Virgil arm. Patton was grabbing different things, setting them on the table before he would go off and get more things.

"Alright!" Patton said suddenly and quite loud. Janus flinched, as did Virgil. "Janus will need to be able to see you know.

"Have you seen my brother?" Virgil asked quickly, the man shook his head, lifting another bucket to the next male. Virgil rushed around, asking as many people as he could. The flames were just getting bigger and bigger.

Virgil blinked, looking over at Janus again, he was fine, he looked down at his hands, seeing loots of soot on them again, he blinked and it disappeared. He returned his attention to Patton, seeing him grabbing some type of card.

"This is a car," Patton explained, showing off the card. "It's a modern mode of transport"

Virgil shivered lightly, the cold air of his room biting at his ears and nose. He flinched as a large.... thing.. turned on, blowing more cold air through the room. Then, his door bust open.

"Oh Virgil!" Remus, as Virgil found out yesterday, yelled in a singsong voice. Virgil flinched back, looking to the large male that burst into his room.

"Y-Yes?" Virgil whispered, hugging himself lightly.

"Come with me! We're gonna do some advanced integration techniques on you! Need to find something out" Remus laughed. Virgil looked at him in confusion, slowly standing up.

"What... What is that?" Virgil asked softly. Remus waved him off.

"You'll see!" He giggled, leading Virgil out the room.

Virgil groaned, his body sore all over. Virgil did not like whatever this interrogation thing was. He closed his eyes, wiping his bloody nose on his now bare shoulder. He let his tears fall, shaking horribly with silent sobs. What type of hero's were these people? Did the word change meaning? Virgil whimpered as the door opened.

"Let's talk some more, how bout that?" Remus laughed. Virgil shook his head quickly, he was just glad he was able to keep his wings hidden, he wouldn't be able to bear if they were damaged. "So... how did you die?" Virgil whined.

"I don't know" He said with a soft sob. "Please... I don't remember"

"Janus!" Virgil screamed, running around the farm as fast as possible. Janus had to be with the sheep, or maybe in the field. "Janus!" Virgil screamed again. His eyes caught on movement in the twos bedroom window. "No..." Virgil whispered.

Virgil cried out as he was slapped, he looked up at Remus quickly.

"Answer me! How did you die! How! Fucking answer me!" Virgil sobbed.

"I don't know!" He yelled. "I don't know..." Virgil whispered, tears falling.

"Well I'll just have to jog your memory then" Remus grinned.

Virgil sat, curled in a ball, his obsidian black wings curled around him. He hadn't seen Janus in too long. Way too long. He bit at his lip, shaking lightly at the cold room. His wings normally helped, but it didn't this time. Then... everything started to get warm.

"Ma!" Virgil yelled. "Where was Janus last?" Virgil asked in a panic.

"I don't know, he's fine" His ma said, struggling with the water pump. Virgil shook his head, looking up at the front porch which was covered in fire. He bit his lip, ripping apart of his vest off and dunking it in some water.

Virgil whimpered as the heat got extremely hot.

"Hey, are you okay?" Someone asked softly. Virgil tightened his wings, the heat feeling like fire. Then it touched him. It felt just like fire, he screamed a little, trying to flee, the chains didn't help him do so though. The warmth disappeared, and he was met with the cold air again, he shivered, looking at the new person in the room. Virgil could've sworn it was Creativty, at least the one he had met at the park with Janus. Virgil's eyes widened as Janus' words went through his head.

"See you soon!"

"Help" Virgil whispered, looking the red haired male in the eye, pleading with the male.