the bus trip

Saiki's POV

Me and Kaido were heading to the bus location a little behind our classmates. After a while of Kaido helping me walk I slowly regained my strength.

"Hey Kaido" - I paused my sentence as we stoped walking.

"Yes Saiki?" - he asked looking at me.

"I feel better now you can let go"- I finished.

"Are you sure?" - the blue haired boy asked still concerned about me.

"Yea..." - I answered slowly.

"Ok then" - he said letting me go carefully.

I stood up feeling pretty good but still a little tired. We started to walk side by side. The short boy still glaring at me from time to time making sure I was ok.

After realising this I felt this warmth in my heart and I couldn't help but smile. I don't know why this is happening in the first place. Maybe I just felt like this because for once in my life someone else was helping me rather than me helping them like always.

"Kaido..." - I started.

"Yes?" - he answered tilting his head.

"Thank you" - I said softly looking into his eyes.

He was surprised by my words at first then blushed a little as he smiled widely at me.

"Your welcome" - he said smiling even more than before.

My cheeks felt warm for some reason. Though I still wanted to ask something -

"But why did you help me?"

Kaido looked at me with disbelief trying to understand what I just said.

"I-I mean that's what f-friends do" - He said it with hurt in his voice.

'Doesn't he consider me as a friend? A-Am I doing something wrong? Does he think I'm doing this because I can get something f-from him? A-Am I a bad friend to him? Does he prefer others helping him instead of me?! I know I'm a little childish and kind of p-pathetic and not worth his time b-but still. Am I that bad?...

Kaido's thoughts were getting worse and worse by a second. I was a little shocked about this. I mean I knew Kaido was insecure and tends to overthink sometimes but... I couldn't believe that this simple question would hurt him that much.

I started to feel so... bad and sad at the same time. Was it guilt? Yea probably but it felt like more... I was mad at myself for hurting the blue haired boy who helped me. And every terrible thought of his felt like a burn.I had to do something fast. I was worried about him. Maybe I'll just... -

"Hey Kaido..." - I said trying to ignore the pain in my chest.

The short boy stopped in his tracks then looked at me with a puzzled worry hurt and even a little bit of fear filled look.

"Y-Yes?" - he said trying to sound as normal as he could.

'I-Is he going to end our friendship?! Is he mad at m-me? Did I do something wrong again? Will he tell me he d-doesn't want to be around me anymore? Or maybe he doesn't even want to talk to me anymore. I mean who would? I wouldn't blame him if he decides to do something like that...' His mind was running wild again.

These thoughts were hurting me more and more. His bad thoughts were quickly replaced by awful ones and those were even quicker replaced by horrible ones. But for me the last straw was then he thought I don't even want to talk to him anymore and he wouldn't even blame me for that. I just couldn't take it anymore.