My mind is too empty

Saiki's POV

After the cafe our free time was over and we all decided to head to the bus, where the teachers instructed us to be sharply at 3 o'clock. We walked for about 20 minutes while all of my acquaintances were sharing their thoughts about the trip.

Personally I wasn't listening since I already knew what they were thinking. That's because I took off my ring a while ago and besides something else was on my mind. Through all the chaos in my head I could sense that something is missing. As if it's too quiet. I know it's kind of ridiculous then I'm hearing so many people think at the same time but I still felt that it wasn't enough.

'Why can't I figure out what's wrong?' - I questioned as we finally reached our destination waiting for the teacher's speech again.

'Maybe it didn't change...maybe because I had my ring on longer than usually it's messing with my mind' - I thought starting to make up possible explanations while the teacher talked about the same safety thing again.

'But this didn't happen the first time I took it off, so why now?' - I thought looking around for an epiphany.

'Maybe this annoying trip just messed with me too much and now I can't even underst-'

"SAIKI!"

I blinked a couple of time realising Kaido shouted my name.I didn't respond just looked at him with a puzzled look.

"Um sorry for shouting S-Saiki it's just that the teacher said we all should go in the bus already and you didn't respond for a while" - he said backing up a little.

I just nodded in response and started looking around for the 'perfect girl'. I mean she for sure will try to sit next to me again.

"Oh are you looking around for others? If so they already climbed in. It was quick since luckal- I mean fortunately we can't switch places." - he said again somehow knowing what was I thinking.

I nodded again following him as we walked in the bus.

"Hey Saiki could I sit near the window this time? I got a little nauseous last time." - He asked stoping near our seats.

"Wha- oh yea whatever" - I answered a little surprised then I heard him, don't really know why.

We sat down as I gazed around the bus. A lot of students looked quite tired but still had the energy to chat. I however couldn't stop thinking about what was bothering me so much. For good 20 minutes I was deep in my thoughts as I looked around constantly, my eyes grazing the smallest objects in the vehicle. My mind was jumping from possible explanations to unbelievable thoughts until -

"Hey Saiki, do you want some of these?" - Kaido asked handing me some kind of bag.

"Hm?" - I asked again a little shocked for some reason.

"These are candies with coffee. They are a little bitter but maybe you'll like them" - he answered smiling.

'why is he so kind to me?' - I thought reaching for some candies and bowing my head a little as a thank you.

I ate a couple of candies while my mind was still occupied by unanswered question. A little bit later I realised that everybody started to calm down and the bus became quiet. The silence was deafening for a regular person but of course I could't enjoy it. Even when people are tired to talk doesn't mean they stop thinking, matter of fact their thoughts become more irrational, for example Teruhashi's:
'Okay I know the first time our plan of switching seats didn't work but maybe we can do it right now I mean who cares if I ruin my image a little by asking Saiki myself'

See normally there is no way she could stop thinking about her image but since she's tired - wait did she just thought that she wants to try that dumb plan again?!