• S E V E N •

~ z a y n a ~

"When will this class end," Hayley whined quietly from next to me.

"That's your fifth time saying that in the past 3 minutes." She opened her mouth to interrupt, but I stopped her, "Shhh, I'm trying to pay attention."

"Ughh," she groans.

"Is there a problem Miss Evans?" The teacher, Mr. Parker, asked her.

Her face turns beet red, and I hold in my laugh. "N-no, sir." She stutters. He turns back around and finishes writing the equation on the board.

I silently laugh at her. She hit my arm, which made me want to laugh more, but I managed to hold it in.

I look back at the board, I was in math class, my worst subject. Numbers have always made my head hurt. Next to me, Hayley was playing with her paper instead of writing.

"Do your notes," I whisper.

She looks at me and raises her eyebrow. "I already know all this. Why write it?" That's one thing about Hayley, give her any math problem, and she'd solve it.

"Right."

At that moment, there was a knock at the classroom door. The principal, Mrs. Rockwood, came into the class, and there was a girl behind her. She had wavy dark hair, sky blue eyes, and fair skin. She was tall and had curves in the right places. To say the least she was beautiful.

"Good afternoon Mr. Parker, this is your new student, Grace." Mrs. Rockwood turned towards the girl, whose name seems to be Grace. "This is your 6th-period class, and if you have any questions, you know where my office is." With that, she left, closing the door behind her.

"Well, Grace, introduce yourself." Mr. Parker said.

The girl seemed awkward with all the attention. "Um, my name is Grace Anderson, and I'm 17." She was playing with her fingers and looked down at the floor.

"She seems nice," Hayley whispers to me.

"She does," I whisper back.

"Welcome, I'm Mr. Parker, and I'll be your math teacher. Take the seat next to Hayley Evans." Hayley raises her hand so that Grace could know where to go.

When she sat down, Hayley stuck out her hand. "Hi, I'm Hayley Evans. Hopefully, we can be friends."

Grace shakes her hand, "and you already know who I am. Nice to meet you." She said shyly.

I moved Hayley's head from my way and stuck out my hand to Grace. "Hey, I'm Zayna Seif."

What happened next wasn't what I expected. Grace just looked at me then turned back around. I drew back my hand feeling embarrassed. Did I say anything wrong?

Hayley looked as confused as me. I just ignored the bad feeling in my stomach and looked back at my notes.

But no matter how much I pushed it down, something told me this girl was bad news.

~•~

"Why did we get Shakespeare?" Ali whined for the tenth time. "I mean, we could have gotten something easier." He was lying across a couple of chairs he lined up. "Something modern."