• T W E N T Y - F I V E •

~ z a y n a ~

"Are you done?" Khalid asked, throwing away his trash.

"Yeah," I answered, tossing the last fry in my mouth and handing him my trash so he could throw it.

We had sat in front of the park for an hour before deciding to go get something to eat.

"Alright," Khalid said getting back into the car. "What time is it?"

"Almost 6," I answered, looking down at my phone.

"Crap," he muttered. "Do you mind hanging in the cafe until I finish my shift?" He asked tentatively.

"I don't mind," I answered.

A couple of minutes later Khalid parks in front of the cafe.

"Just two hours," Khalid ran a hand through his hair. "Bear with me please."

"Khalid," I put my hand on his shoulder. "Calm down it's fine. Now let's get down before your late."

He sighed and got down with me not far behind.

I sat down in one of the chairs while Khalid walked towards the back. I spent the next hour mindlessly scrolling through my phone while Khalid was busy making coffees and taking orders.

I heard a sigh and looked up from Nasreen's text. Khalid had sat down in front of me with two iced coffees.

"Ten minutes break," he explained taking a sip from his coffee.

I nodded and went back to talking to Nasreen.

"Who are you talking to?" Khalid asked.

"Nasreen," I smirked.

He kept his face blank but his eyes brightened.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked playing with his cup.

Deciding to have some fun I said, "about the guy that deemed her interest."

Khalid's eyes widened and he choked on his coffee. "What?"

I raised an eyebrow holding back a laugh, "you heard me."

Khalid cleared his throat, "who is this guy?"

I shrugged acting like I didn't know. "I don't know, but Nasreen seems to like him so it doesn't matter."

Khalid's eyes dimmed and he looked back down at the table lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" I asked, trying hard not to laugh.

"Huh?" He said lifting his head. "It's nothing," he shook his head. I stayed quiet knowing he was going to end up talking. "Do you by any chance know what he looks like?"

I smirked, "well by Nasreen's description he apparently has gorgeous brown hair and dreamy brown eyes." I rolled my eyes.

Khalid scowled, "half the guys in town have brown hair and brown eyes."

"Yeah," I grinned. "But not all of them are Palestinian Jordanian and hold the school record for soccer."

Now Khalid looked straight up confused. "I never heard of anyone in that description."

I facepalmed. "Well maybe because your an idiot and can't realize I'm talking about you."

Khalid's eyes widen and his face crimsoned. "I-I need to-to go." He stuttered.

"To where?" I laughed, amused at his reaction.

"Uh back to work. Yes! My ten minutes are up. Bye!" He rushed back to his cashier, muttering underneath his breath his face still as bright as a tomato.