What they dont know

'Dan don't talk to her about it, you don't know what kind of memories it could trigger, she needs to forget about them and we have to help her.' 'Okay Phil'

Phil's POV
I woke up and see that both Alex and Dan are awake, i hope Dan wasn't talking to her about her first adopters. 'Morning,' i say with a yawn, they both look over and smile. 'You ready for the meet and greet' i say
' Yeah' Alex says in a very exciting tone

(At the meet and greet)
'Its them' Alex said
'Its who' Dan asks
'The people that first adopted me' she replied, Dan was getting angry. He crouches down to Alex's height and whispers something in her ear. She then walks towards a horrible looking couple.
'Dan, are you sure this is a good idea' i say worriedly
'Don't worry, i've got this,' he starts walking over just as the woman was about to hit Alex, this makes me angry, no one can hit my girl. Dan grabs the woman's wrist just in time. I call the police and they take the couple away and say they have been trying to catch them for years.

'Thanks guys, you two are the best dads ever.' Alex says, 'They were horrible to me and...' She bursts into tears. 'Hey hey, don't worry they have gone now and as long as your with us we will keep you safe.' I say smiling at the fact she called us her dads, Dan pulls us into a hug. 'Your the best family i could ever wish for.' Alex says.

Dan's POV
It would be them wouldn't it, they would be the ones that first adopted Alex. Sapphire and Carl, the people who killed my friend. 'How dare you try to hit my girl, amd how dare you kill my friend!' I say. I can tell Sapphire recognises me. 'Watch out Dan' she says, Phil had already called the police and they took them away. I don't think Phil or Alex heard me, thank god. I don't think i should tell them, not yet anyway.