Lawn of the Dead

"Think about it, guys! Anything we want! Cash. Cars. Candy," Benny listed as we walked down the hallway.

"So, you only use magic spells for stuff that starts with 'c'?" Ethan questioned.

Benny sighed. "Once, we were lonely high-school noobs. Now we're vampire-killing, spell-casting rock stars!" Benny continued. "The world is our oyster."

"Have you ever actually had oysters?" I questioned.

"Not something you want to swallow. More like something you'd cough up," Ethan finished.

"Yeah, nice. Nice image to start the day. There's the image I need!" Benny pointed to Della down the hall. "I know you're the Seer, but I can see her with me," Benny pointed to Della.

"Keep the magic on the down-low, remember? Life just got back to normal," Ethan reasoned.

"Would you relax? I got this," Benny said. He made a bundle of flowers appear behind his back before going over to Della and giving them to her.

"What's missing today?" I pondered, looking at Ethan in confusion.

"Hey, sweetheart-" I cut Rory off by putting my hand in front of his face, preventing him from kissing my cheek.

"There it is."

~~~

"Benny, maybe you should just conjure up a bracelet for this girl. I mean, reanimating a dead dog is overkill," Ethan reasoned.

"No, it's underkill. 'Cause the dog would be un-killed. Duh!" Benny joked.

"You don't even know how to do it," Ethan argued.

"But I do know where to find the answers. Grandma's secret shelf," Benny said.

"Secret shelf? My bad feeling just got ten percent more bad," Ethan said.

"You and me both," I said, sitting down next to Ethan.

There was a knock at Ethan's door and I looked up. "Hey, guys. Ethan, dinner's almost ready," Mrs. Morgan informed us.

"What's that... aroma?" Ethan questioned.

"Did Jane melt one of her dolls again?" Benny joked with a short laugh.

"Actually, Ethan's dad is having a very, very important client over for dinner this Friday. So, I'm testing some recipes from TV's Greatest Chefs, and this is kelp and kimchi ratatouille. You want to try a sample?" Mrs. Morgan offered.

"Benny and I just ate," I said quickly.

Ethan took a spoonful from his mom and forced a smile.

"Do me a favor and tell Sarah that we won't be needing her this Friday, because we're going to be having our gourmet dinner," Mrs. Morgan said.

"Okay, cool. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to have a Friday night off," Ethan nodded.

~~~

"Hey, I got your text. What's up?" Ethan approached Benny on his bike right after I flew to his house.

"I stole these from Grandma's secret shelf," Benny whispered. He then turned to me. "And you're going to help me figure out which one helps me."

I snorted. "No, I'm not. Benny, get the poor girl a bracelet or a nice necklace," I begged.

"This is going to win her heart, trust me," Benny said. "Now, Plan B. Since you're not going to help me, Ethan can you use your vision to see which one is the bring-back-to-life juice?"