Guys and Dolls

"I hope that's your good news face," Ethan said as he and I approached Benny at his locker.

"I'm ninety-nine point nine percent sure that I've found the right spell," Benny explained.

"Okay, let's do it," Ethan said.
"But, I can't be sure how Jane pronounced it. She has to cast the reversal spell herself," Benny added.

"Wonderful. And my parents?" Ethan questioned.

"According to my spell logic, they should revert back to normal once the spell's been reversed," I sighed.

"Good," Ethan smiled at me. His smile faded. "Then all we have to do is find a life-sized killer fashion doll and bring her down. No problem."

"Have you talked to Rory?" Ethan asked Benny.

Yeah. He sent me a text saying he was busy hanging out with his new girlfriend," Benny explained.

"Ohh, he's mad that we didn't let him in," Ethan realized.

"Or... he actually has a girlfriend," Benny corrected him.

I snorted as the boys laughed. "Even if he did, she would have to be a huge geek."

~~~

"Hey, Rory, we know you're mad about last night, but-"

"Mad? How could I be mad? Last night was awesome! It's not every day you get to rescue a fair maiden from your clutches. Especially one who's so into me," Rory asked in disbelief.

"Wait, what?" Ethan started.

"You actually have a girlfriend?" I questioned, my heart about to break.

"You let Debby out?" Benny gaped.

Rory nodded. "Why would you do that?"

"Because she's hot," Rory nodded.

"Dude, she's a doll," Benny interjected. "I mean, literally a doll. As in she's made of plastic!"

"Yeah, all the hottest girls are," Rory argued.

"Rory, get this through your thick vampire skull. She's not human!" Ethan said harshly.

"Are you boys talking about me?" Debby appeared behind us.

Ethan turned us around and held me back using his arm.

"There's my girl. How'd it go with Principal Hicks?" Rory asked.

"Oh, him. He was such a doll. Hi guys. Did you miss me?" she took a step closer to us.

Ethan and Benny backed up nervously. "Jumpy much?"

"Flesh, blood, more than eight points of articulation- all things I intend to keep, thank you," Benny snapped.

"You're coming with us, Debby," Ethan said in a low tone.

"Over my undead body!" Rory snapped, stepping in front of us.

"Listen, Rory, she's dangerous!" Benny argued.

"So am I, so... back off!" Rory hissed at us. He walked away with his arm wrapped around Debby's shoulder.

"You and Sarah," Ethan and Benny looked at me.

"I need a minute," I said, walking away from them, ready to wipe tears from my eyes. Why was I crying over an animated doll? Because that should be me.

~~~

"So it's settled. You'll kick Debby's sorry, plastic butt," Benny said.