Welcome Back Dusker

I climbed in through Rory's window. I smiled at him, his back turned from me while he was playing video games. I shut the door quietly. He stopped, pausing the game as I jumped onto his back.

"(Y/n)!" Rory said, startled. "Come on, you don't sneak up on a vampire." He turned around and looked at me, letting me straddle his waist. "But, what are you doing here?"

"Well, Sarah's back. And she's coming to school tomorrow, and I helped her adjust into life as a vampire," I explained. "I thought I would surprise you."

Rory grinned. "Best surprise ever."

I kissed him sweetly, tangling my fingers into his hair. I always loved playing with it. He pulled away and kissed my nose, causing me to laugh. He smiled, then frowned as I untangled myself from him. He laid me down on the bed with him, spooning me. He exited out of the game and turned on normal TV.

"Welcome home," Rory mumbled before falling asleep.

~~~

"So then the fledgling says, my dentist is the one who has cavities now!" Sarah joked with Erica and I.

"Adjustment complete! Trauma all gone. Vampires happy-happy," Benny said as he held a chick in his hands.

"Look who I bumped into," Erica said with a smile, her arm around Sarah and I.

"Care for a welcome back chick?" Benny offered.

Sarah scooped it up from his hands. "So cute," Sarah said as it chirped. "That'll be a yummy snack later."

"What?" the boys questioned.

"It's a joke, boys. Relax," Erica assured them.

"I don't remember you being so serious," I said, slightly confused.

"I don't remember you being not so serious," Ethan retorted. "But good one."

The bell rang and I sighed. "See you two later," I kissed Rory on the cheek.

"Bye," Erica waved.

~~~

"Oh, almost forgot. Now that you're back, I'm supposed to give you this. It's from the council," Erica handed Sarah an envelope.

"The Council?" Sarah questioned as she opened it.

"The Vampire Council. After Jesse left, the Vs are less wild, more structured. Kinda lame, but the parties are totally worth it. 'Specially the snacks," Erica explained.

"Initiation? Orientation? I'm not joining any fang club!" Sarah balled up the paper and dropped it on the ground.

"Stop right there, young lady," a man walked up to us.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Sarah sassed.

"Your new vice principal, Mr. Stern. You may call me sir. And you are a young missy who doesn't think twice about littering our hallways," he said, his tone rising.

"Okay, I'll think twice about it. There. Are we done? Good," Sarah questioned.

Mr. Stern stopped Sarah from walking away. "Not so fast. Not until you make a deposit in the nearest trash can."

"Whatever you say."

~~~

"No!" Erica squealed.

"I don't know what happened! I got angry, and then my mind got fuzzy and I couldn't stop it," Sarah said scaredly.

"Vampire urges are so much stronger than fledgling urges," Erica explained. "Don't worry, I think I got this."