Jilly Putty

"How'd the meeting go?" I caught up with Ethan and Benny.

"Can I use my Mii as my yearbook photo?" Rory appeared at Benny's side.

"Sorry, you two. They shot us down. Maybe next year," Ethan explained in a disappointed tone.

"Come on!" Rory exclaimed. "You want me to take 'em out? Maybe eat their families?" Rory questioned.

"No!" Ethan hissed.

Rory laughed. "Just kidding, man! You looked all, "Oh, no, Rory's a maniac!" That was great."

"Don't joke about that, okay?" I said.

"Sometimes I wonder what you do at night," Ethan sighed.

"Oh, it's pretty nuts. The less you know, the better," Rory said. "Anyways, what do the yearbook nerds want to do?"

"Hannah Price wants to use some lame old camera for the photos. She probably doesn't even know she has to develop the old film. She's probably still staring at the back of the camera right now, wondering why the screen isn't working," Ethan laughed.

Rory looked past my shoulder. "She's standing right behind me now, isn't she?" Ethan asked.

"Later," Rory walked away,

"Hi, Ethan!" Hannah said, making both of us turn around. "I like your shirt."

"Uh, thanks," Ethan looked at me uncertainly.

"I'm super sorry about not liking your idea this morning. It was a really good one. Maybe we can still find a way to use it," Hannah compromised.

"Really? What about your camera?" Ethan asked curiously.

"Yeah... about that... Can I trust you?" Hannah asked.

~~~

"Then she started swearing. And some of them were, like, double swears! She got pretty creative," Ethan explained as Sarah and I walked down the hall with him.

"Well, did she smile?" Sarah asked.

"Kinda... when she thought I was gonna cry," Ethan shrugged.

"Yep, she likes you," Sarah decided.

"How can she change so fast?" Ethan looked at me.

"A lot of things do- too fast," I looked at the ground. "I gotta go."

~~~

"Who else wants some of this?" Hannah glared at me as I walked into the lounge.

"If she asks you out, you'd better say yes," Benny said.

"Hey, lovely," Rory said, kissing the top of my head before we sat down at a different table.

"Hey, honey," I smiled at my boyfriend.

~~~

"Benny! In a year, this town is going to the roof with evil doubles. What were you thinking?" Grandma questioned.

"Hey, Ethan," Benny said as Ethan rounded into the yard. "Grandma was just yelling at me for selling her camera."

"Benny, you have an evil twin too," Ethan informed us, panting. "He just trashed my phone and took off."

"Thank god I can't be doubled. I'd be the goth girl of the school," I whispered to Benny's grandma.

"Did you take a photo of yourself with my camera?" his grandma asked Benny.