Jockenstein

"Ethan!" Sarah called out.

"This place is huge. Next time, can you join a ping-pong team or something?" Erica asked.

"Oh, I wouldn't. Pongers are animals!" Rory shook his head frantically.

"Hey! You kids are trespassing!" Mr. Steiner said over the loudspeaker.

"Can it, Franken-coach!" Sarah snapped. "We're here for Ethan."

"All of Ethan," Benny added.

"Boltz! Defence!" Mr. Steiner said.

Boltz slid out on the ice, lifting his mask up. He drank some kind of black liquid.

"Is that supposed to be a head?" Sarah questioned.

"How is he even drinking?" Rory yelled.

"I know. He is totally hotter with his mask on," Erica said, making us look at her.

Boltz put his mask down and my anger grew.

"I'm through with playing games," I hissed as my eyes glowed yellow, my fangs bared. I used my speed to go over to Boltz, but lost control and slid into a wall.

"Yeah, vamp speed plus ice equals wipe out every time," Rory explained, looking at Erica.

"Good to know," I panted as I felt winded.

"Just find Ethan!" Benny said calmly as Rory helped me get up.

I nodded and got up, heading out of the rink before Boltz could remember I was there.

"Ethan?" I called out.

"In here!" Ethan yelled.

I used my superspeed to run into the room. He was in a tub of ice, and black markings were on his forehead. "Ethan..." I said in relief.

"B-behind you..." Ethan stammered, shivering.

Before I could process what he said, I felt something placed on my head and my whole body froze. I closed my eyes for a moment, my brain too fuzzy to do anything. Everything went back to normal after a few seconds. I got up and saw Mr. Steiner crouched over Ethan.

"Come on, Ethan! There is no 'I' in scream either," Mr. Steiner held a saw-like tool to Ethan's head.

I placed the thing he used for me on his head, causing electricity to shoot through him. He fell to the floor, smoke filling the air.

"Are you okay?" I rushed over to Ethan, undoing the restraints.

"Yeah. But I am done with hockey. I've had enough ice time to last me forever."

~~~

"Do you think he's okay?" Rory asked.

"Oh, yeah. Sarah's taking care of him," I nodded with confidence. I looked at him, studying him. "How come Sarah told me that you told the council you were on a date?"

"They were twisting my words. I said I was helping her practice and they were making fun of me," Rory frowned.

I looked at him with soft eyes, cupping his cheeks to make him face me. I kissed him softly before hugging him. He breathed deeply. "You're my girlfriend, (Y/n). I don't want other girls, I want you. You're the only one I've really liked. And I wouldn't betray your trust like that."

"Thanks, honey," I smiled, pulling away.

"Video games?" Rory offered, holding up a controller.

"Of course," I smiled, taking the controller from him.

I laid my head on Rory's shoulder as we started playing. He smiled, kissing my forehead without looking at me. It was relaxing, playing together. Rory groaned when we lost to another team, but I giggled and kissed his cheek. "We'll get 'em next time."

"Of course," Rory smiled.