Fanged and Furious

"Let me get this straight. A car has a ghoul in the backseat?" I asked as we walked into school.

"And controlled the car to make it hurt Malcolm," Ethan added, sighing afterward.

Benny caught up with us. "Do you think anyone's going to blame me for what happened with Malcolm yesterday?" Ethan asked as people scurried out of our way.

"Could be," Benny said awkwardly.

"Nice. Yet another reason for girls to avoid you," Erica deadpanned.

"Sorry about yesterday," Ethan apologized to Sarah.

"Relax. Everyone has accidents. That's why there's insurance," Sarah smiled.

"But it wasn't me, it was the car. It's possessed or something," Ethan explained.

"Possessed..." I gnawed on my lip. My eyes widened, a glint filling my eyes. "I gotta go."

"(Y/n), do you need the homework?" Rory called.

"Please!" I replied.

~~~

"Ready?" I looked at Jane.

"Born ready. I've always wanted to do this," Jane placed her fingers on the sides of the board.

I closed my eyes. "I would like to speak to Alix Walker," I said confidently.

'Hello, (Y/n). Jane, I am Alexandra Walker. A friend of (Y/n). You have no reason to be frightened.'

"This is so cool!" Jane squealed.

"We have a bit of a problem. Can there be such a thing as a possessed car?" I asked.

'Anything can be possessed, (Y/n), just as long as it has sentimental value to the person that died.'

"If I let go of the board, could you come out? I want to talk to you. In ghost-person," I offered.

'That is how it works. I promise Jane, I will not harm you or (Y/n). I am harmless, and I intend no harm.'

"Okay, on the count of three, we're going to let go of the board, okay? Alix will come out of the board and inhabit my body again. Don't be frightened if you see the appearance change, okay? That's just Alix, and she's nice," I instructed.

"Will I still be able to talk to you?" Jane asked, concern filling her eyes.

"Yes, but not directly. Alix can speak for me. I will be inside my own mind," I explained.

Jane smiled. "Ready?"

"Yep. One, two, three!"

We let go of the board and nothing happened at first. Then, a mix of black and white circled the board and went into my body. Everything went black for a moment, then it changed to white.

"Alix! Thank goodness," I hugged her as she smiled. "I'm glad I was able to do that."

"What are breaking the rules of a seance for?" Alix joked. "Let's sit," she said as two floating chairs appeared.

We sat down. "Okay. What's going on?"

"My best friend. Yesterday, he went to buy a car. He got into it and he saw a vision of a ghoul in the backseat. He left, but the car followed him home. The same day, the car crashed itself with Ethan, and my best friend, Sarah, in the car, making everyone believe he tried to intentionally hit the boy. He's in trouble, and I didn't know if you knew anything about this stuff," I explained.

Alix picked at her lip with her teeth, thinking. "There's definitely something going on with the car. The question is, what do you want me to do?"

"Anything you can. I can search for anything in my memory archives, and you can help the boys figure out what this is," I said.