6: Old times

RAINBOW HEADQUARTERS
JANUARY 22 2021
1:21 PM

Scott for the past three days has been recovering from his scuffle with Oryx who are now permitted from interacting with each other due to how potentially severe their interactions can be. He is currently outside jogging around the track field with his hood up when he sees Nøkk waving him over as he rushes over to her.

Scott: "what is it?" As Nøkk shows him a map of an area of Bosnia. "A weapons racket? Sounds interesting but why me?"

Nøkk: "you worked in Bosnia before, plus the group that's in charge of this weapons racket is possibly the same one you dealt with in the past." She responds as she gets his full attention.

Scott: "hmph... Bosnia is nice this time of year, who else is coming?" He questions as they begin headed back inside.

Nøkk: "you and I will be scouting the area first and once we got solid intel another team will be moving in to act on that intel." As Scott retorts saying he thought she preferred working alone. "Hey I didn't ask for you to be my supposed partner Crow, I'm simply following orders." She rebuttals back at Scott.

Scott: "hmph... If only orders were that simple." As Nøkk looks over questioning what he means by this. "nothing I'm just rambling, I'll go take a quick shower then I'll get locked and loaded." He says headed to his room while Nøkk heads to the armory seeing Maverick grabbing his gear.

Nøkk: "you got a minute? It's about your friend Crow." She bluntly asks as Maverick looks placing his 1911 tacops in his holster motioning her to ask. "It's clear you've known him for awhile, he ever talk about his work in the CIA?" She asks curiously as Maverick sits on a bench.

Maverick: "yes and no, he'd mentioned bits of stuff that happened in operations but most of the time he'd keep that to himself but He'd disappear for months on end then pop up out of nowhere." As Nøkk questions if Crow could've been captured. "Maybe but I never bothered to ask." He says grabbing his M4 but stops in his tracks. "I wouldn't delve into him too much if I were you, Crow is a guy who viciously values his privacy, sort of like you." He comments while leaving as Nøkk heads to her armory opting for her suppressed FMG-9 and 5.7 pistol.

Crow: "the hell is is that?" He asks seeing the bizarre design of the FMG-9.

Nøkk: "it's a foldable smg, it kinda looks like a briefcase but I personally don't use it as it's pointless." As Crow nods in agreement grabbing his SOCOM 16 and 1911 tacops as they get in the cargo plane with Maverick, Thermite, Kali, Sledge but Crow notices they're missing someone.

Crow: "where's the fifth?" He questions as Kali looks out and whistles loudly

Kali: "Farah get your ass in this plane or you're getting left behind!" She threatens as Crow sees a woman of middle eastern ethnicity in an all black attire entering with an M249.

Seraphim: "bloody hell calm down." She says with a smooth british accent as everyone looks over wanting an explanation.

Kali: "right, everyone this is Farah Hassan codename Seraphim... One of my bests operatives." As Seraphim sits down crossing her leg casually.

Crow: "where'd you serve before NIGHTHAVEN?" As Seraphim explains she never served before joining NIGHTHAVEN. "What?" He asks baffled by this.

Kali: "I was in England a couple years ago, I saw Farah participate in a shooting competition, I was impressed with her skills so I recruited her, she's been working for me since 2010 so you can relax with the whole lack of military experience."

Crow: "right... Hope your sang praises are correct." He directs to Seraphim with the intent to challenge her.

Seraphim: "I think you'll find that I'm bloody excellent with a firearm." She retorts as Crow scoffs slightly.

Crow (arabic): "we'll see." As Seraphim scoffs at the fact he just spoke in arabic. The flight to Bosnia is mostly smooth though Crow can't help but get nostalgic thinking about something. "Remember our op in Bosnia?" He directs to Thermite.

Thermite: "sure do, way back when we were young." As Crow scoffs quietly with amusement of true that is. "Then you disappeared for a long time, what's up with that?" He asks as Crow looks over uncertain.

Crow: "I... Don't know, parts of my memory are hazy, maybe from an op? I don't know." He says sounding unsure why he feels bits of his memories are gone as they just disappeared as Thermite isn't at all satisfied with the answer but can tell Crow genuinely seems clueless. Seraphim meanwhile is humming to herself with her legs crossed but she opens one eye glancing across from her seeing Maverick minding his own business but she gets curious seeing the tattoo on his forearm.

Seraphim: "that place hold a special place in your heart?" She questions constantly glancing at his tattoo of afghanistan.

Maverick: "yes and no... Why do you ask?" He wonders as Seraphim chuckles saying she was actually born Afghanistan. "No shit? How'd you end up in England?"

Seraphim: "mother got me and my alab out of Afghanistan but I did witness the... Cruelty of war, makes me wonder how I managed to survive that long." She states as Maverick tries being polite given how personal this is.

Maverick: "despite the war, your people have a wonderful culture." As Seraphim scoffs but not with attitude.

Seraphim: "I wouldn't know, I was too busy staying indoors to relish in the culture but you seem to have a good understanding of such things unlike most foreigners, makes you... Unique."

Maverick: "well that's a rare sight." As Seraphim chuckles coming up with something humorous.

Seraphim: "what? Getting complimented by a woman?" She rebuttals earning a soft chuckle from Maverick.

Maverick: "not exactly, it's a rare sight for me that someone actually recognizes my understanding of middle eastern culture, then again you are afghan so that's a given." As Seraphim shakes her head disagreeing.

Seraphim: "to be fair I haven't been in Afghanistan since I was a girl so I remember some stuff like not being allowed to eat pork or some shite." She says with honesty.

Maverick: "right, don't take Anything Crow says personally he's just testing you." As Seraphim rolls her eyes with a smirk.

Seraphim: "then I'll ace his test." She says with a bunch of confidence. Crow meanwhile is listening to music with his arms crossed as he can feel Nøkk staring at him.

Crow: "what is it?" He asks taking an earbud out as Nøkk stares for few seconds.

Nøkk: "you got quite a bit of grey on you." She says rather bluntly as Crow looks over with slightly wide eyes.

Crow: "uh I am 42 years old, grey starts kicking in more once you're up there in age."

Nøkk: "I know, it just... Looks good on you." She says as Crow looks is unsure what to think of that.

Crow: "are you fucking with me?" He asks bluntly earning a slight chuckle from the veiled woman.

Nøkk: "don't I always?" She asks rhetorically as Crow isn't finding this funny. "I'm being genuine Crow, I may mess with you from time to time but I'm capable of giving compliments, I just don't give out many." She clarifies as Crow nods acknowledging her statement.

Crow (Danish): "thanks." To which Nøkk nods in response for his thanks.