27: Surprise

Somewhere outside of New Orleans, Rose wakes up finding herself tied to a chair and sees a bruised Scott looking her in the eyes while Nøkk is leaning against a car hood. Rose looks around seeing that they're at the entrance to the swamps.

Rose: "Well... Ain't this is a shitty situation? You gonna feed me to the gators? Cause there's no situation where I don't tell Janette about this." She threatens while struggling against her tight restraints.

Scott: "I know that, so make your last encounter with me mean something." He says sitting before Rose with the sound crickets and gator bellowing filling the silence.

Rose shakes her head at this and relaxes in her seat.

Rose: "Why would I do that? Unlike you I have loyalty." She insults earning a smack from Nøkk.

Nøkk: "There's a difference between being loyal and stupid." She states clearly sounding irritated.

Rose scoffs hearing this and smirks a bit.

Rose: "What are you huh? Scott's little friend?"

Nøkk: "That's not important, plus we're the ones asking the questions... Where is Janette?"

Rose: "I don't know, why don't I call her?"

Scott sighs while searching his pocket and pulls out a syringe as Rose glances at it in confusion.

Scott: "I'm not in the mood for your games Rose, I may of been a shit intelligence agent but you know how far I'll go when it comes to getting people to talk." He makes aware with an unnerving calmness to his voice.

Rose glares hearing this as she does know how far Scott will go. To make her worries more justified, Scott is clearly vengeful and likely more than happy to take it out on her.

Rose: "I don't know where she is! Honest!" She snaps out.

Nøkk: "How is it that none of you know where Janette is?"

Rose: "She's not that close with us, honestly the only one who's even somewhat close to her would be Moore but he's retired, lives up in Minnesota now."

Scott sighs as it's again crap he's already learned about.

Scott: "That's nothing new to me Rose." He says standing up and holds the syringe ready to inject her with the memory wipe.

Rose: "You're really gonna inject me with that? You gave us shit for using it on you yet you think it's okay for you to use it on us?" She asks calling out the hypocrisy.

Scott: "How else am I supposed to live in peace after everything I've been through?" He asks rhetorically as Rose is breathing heavily not wanting this to happen. "The only memories that'll be gone are the ones involving me... So don't worry... It was nice knowing you Rose." He says injecting Rose who struggles but passes out.

Nøkk: "We should get out of here."

Scott: "Yeah..." He sighs cutting Rose free of her restraints and carries her into a shed where she'll be safe till she awakes.

Scott and Nøkk get in their car and drives off. Scott sits in his seat zoning out while Nøkk is driving but she notices this.

Nøkk: "Scotty." She calls out getting his attention.

Scott: "I'll be fine, Rose does have a point though... Even though I do believe I'm justified, I am still a hypocrite." He looking at a vial of the memory wipe in his hand.

Nøkk keeps her eyes on the road but that statement bothers her.

Nøkk: "How many years did you give to the CIA only for them deny you the chance to live a normal life?" She asks rhetorically firmly believing that Scott is in the right.

Scott: "I just want this to be over, I'm tired of running, fighting, being someone I hate... Being Crow." He admits as Nøkk goes to respond but begins feeling the need to throw up.

Nøkk pulls out suddenly quickly exiting and throwing up on the ground. Scott exists the vehicle and touches Nøkk's shoulder gently.

Scott: "Karina you okay?"

Nøkk: "Yeah I'm okay... I don't know what came over me, I felt fine but suddenly I feel sick." She replies coughing a bit.

Scott touches Nøkk's forehead with the back of his hand.

Scott: "You don't have a fever, is anything else wrong?"

Nøkk: "Well... I feel very hungry, and this headache has been bothering me for the last two hours." She says as Scott's eyes widen a bit piecing together a theory. "Scott."

Scott: "Quick question, did you have your period yet?" He asks which earns a confused look.

Nøkk: "Uh... No?"

Scott: "Fuck..." He says touching the back of his head with both hands.

Nøkk: "Scott just tell me what's going on."

Scott: "Don't freak out but I think you're pregnant." He admits as Nøkk's look turns to worry. "If that's the case then you can't be doing things we've been doing."

Nøkk: "Scott hold on-"

Scott: "I'm serious Karina, if you're pregnant then I'm not risk you and... Our kid." He says as it's dawning on him.

Nøkk: "We don't even know if I'm actually pregnant so don't jump on that gun."

Scott: "I know... But you gotta take a test Karina, if you are? Then I want you to head home while I finish up my business with Janette."

Nøkk: "Fine but you're not doing it alone, bring somebody along." She demands as Scott nods promising to do so.

Nøkk leans against the hood of the car clearly still in shock that she might be pregnant.

Scott: "I'm sorry."

Nøkk: "What for?"

Scott: "For possibly getting you pregnant, I was hoping this wouldn't occur till after we were done with Janette." He explains sitting next to her.

Nøkk: "We did do it a lot with no protection so maybe I shouldn't be surprised... But if that's the case? Then you got nothing to be sorry about." She says hoping that cheers him up.

Scott: "Come on let's go, I'll drive." He says as Nøkk sighs sensing that overly protective and responsible side kicking in.

*Few hours later.*

Leland is currently in his room with Ash sitting between his legs and laying against him comfortably with his chin resting on her head.

Ash: "You're thinking of something, you don't go this quiet for this long unless something's really nagging you." She states somewhat turning her head to face him.

Leland: "You read me like a book." He confirms with Ash completely turning to face him.

Ash: "What's wrong Lee?"

Leland: "I'm just thinking of consequences should this whole situation get out, I'd lose everything and Scotty would be taken to a CIA blacksite... The worst fate a CIA operator could have that isn't death."

Ash: "it'd be quite a political shit storm, but I think you and Scotty can manage." She says with confidence earning a smile from Leland.

Leland: "Yeah..." He says gently holding her hand when his phone rings. "Hey Scotty... How was New Orleans?"

Scott: "Hell but we managed, listen Lee I... I need your help." He says looking at Nøkk who's holding a pregnancy test as he can't tell what she's feeling.

Leland: "What is it?"

Scott: "It's Nøkk... She's pregnant with my kid and... I need someone to come with me and another to watch Nøkk while I'm away." He states.

Leland sits there stunned by this news but gets his act together.

Leland: "Okay I'll see you soon, send me an address of where you're staying." He says hanging up. "Well shit... Scott's becoming a dad."