28: Promises

OUTSIDE NEW ORLEANS
March 9th 2021
7:44 PM

Scott at the moment is leaning against the car outside the hotel as Nøkk is busy staring at the test result.

Nøkk: "I... I don't know what to say." She says which makes Scott look over curiously. "I know I said I liked kids but... It feels surreal knowing I'm actually pregnant."

Scott: "Any idea how your parents will react?"

Nøkk chuckles somewhat to hide her nervousness.

Nøkk: "My mom will be livid, my dad though? Well it'll be quite the opposite as he loves spoiling his grandkids... What about your parents?"

Scott again looks over half chuckling.

Scott: "Definitely surprised but... They're not gonna complain about finally having some grandkids." He says seeing a SUV pull up recognizing it.

Leland, Jacob and Farah exit the vehicle and approach them.

Leland: "Good to see you two in one piece, also congratulations." He says nodding with the two shaking their heads at this but thank him nonetheless.

Jacob: "Trust me when I say that parenthood isn't easy but it's worth it."

Farah: "Anyhow what's the plan?" She asks as they enter the hotel room.

Scott: "Last remaining member is Moore and he's our best chance at finding Janette as the two from what I remember are good friends."

Leland confirms and pulls up Moore's home in Minnesota.

Jacob: "So what? We looking at snatch and grab?"

Scott: "I'm hoping not, Moore last I knew was a reasonable man and also more concerned with his own survival."

Leland: "To keep up appearances I can't show up so hopefully-" when his phone vibrates as he looks to see it's Janette.

Leland looks at the others motioning them to keep quiet and answers it.

Janette: "Leland it happened again only it's Rose this time, somebody's hunting us... And I get the feeling it's Scott."

Leland: "Not to sound bias but I doubt it, he's been in this line of work for well over 20 years. I don't think he'd retire just to come back out of it."

Janette: "Your opinion is clouded Leland and I can't take that chance... Meet up with Moore and extract him to our covert base in Alaska... I'll meet you there."

Leland looks at Scott nodding as the call ends with Janette hanging up.

Leland: "Looks like we don't need to visit Moore... That covert base? It's where Janette lives... I should of fuckin known."

Scott: "Cut yourself some slack Leland, me, Jacob and Farah can go after Janette... What do we do about Moore though?"

Leland: "We can't risk him figuring out you or I were responsible, give me a memory wipe and I'll use to make him forget both of us." He says holding his hand.

Scott hesitates for a moment but can tell Leland is being genuine.

Scott: "Alright here." He says handing over a memory wipe. "Alright we should leave as soon as possible."

Leland: "Yeah... We'll give you and Nøkk some privacy." He says exiting the hotel with the others.

Scott gently takes Nøkk's hands in his own as they look each other in the eyes.

Nøkk: "Stay safe... As best as you can."

Scott chuckles somewhat and tilts his head.

Scott: "I thought you had faith in me Karina?" He teasingly asks.

Nøkk: "I do but you're older and might be prone to forget." She rebuttals.

Scott: "Ouch." He says acting offended though he really isn't. "I'll be fine, got Jacob and Farah watching my back... You worry about... Huh." He says looking towards her stomach. "I actually don't know what to name him or her."

Nøkk chuckles as her grip tightens on Scott's hands.

Nøkk: "We'll talk about names when you get back." She states soon kissing him which he returns and can tell she's getting trying every second out of this.

Once they're done, Scott exits the hotel seeing Jacob and Farah.

Farah: "You ready?"

Scott: "In the words of my old Major, Let's get evil." He retorts.

*Few days pass.*
MINNESOTA US
March 11th 2021

In an isolated home is Moore attending to his garden as it's his one escape from the memories of his time in the military. His peace doesn't last as he hears someone behind him.

Leland: "It's a beautiful garden Moore." He compliments as Moore relaxes and turns to him.

Moore: "Thanks... Janette in need of my services again?" He asks rhetorically and bitterly.

Leland: "It's part of why I'm here, it's better if we talk inside." He replies as Moore throws his gloves down walking past and leading Leland inside.

Moore: "you mind black tea?" He asks heading into the kitchen.

Leland: "I see you took your therapist's advice to heart." He says sitting down in one of chairs while keeping his hand on the pocket holding the memory wipe.

Moore ignores this pouring two cups of black tea and hands one to Leland.

Moore: "What's the job?" He asks and takes a sip.

Leland: "There's no mission, Janette wants me to extract you."

Moore: "Right cause someone's targeting us... Is it Scott?" He asks as Leland looks at him in confusion. "He is the one who would have a vendetta against us for what we did... Or... Maybe you decided to grow a pair and do something about it."

Leland sighs lightly while tapping his finger against the armrest of the chair.

Moore: "Or you're working with Scott and you're here to deal with me while Scott deals with Janette." He says awfully relaxed about everything.

Leland sets his drink to the side with his hands interlocked.

Leland: "I'm not here to kill you Moore, me and Scott always liked you even though you were a pain in the ass at times."

Moore: "Kill me? No... But I know Scott and he loves his irony, the memory wipe in your left jacket pocket." He says as Leland shakes his head while pulling out said memory wipe.

Leland: "What gave it away?"

Moore: "You were favoring the pocket... So that's what's happening? Just take away our memories of you two and hope nobody notices?" He asks.

Leland looks down clearly bothered as he was hoping this would be quick and simple.

Leland: "What would you suggest?"

Moore places his hands on the counter deep in thought.

Moore: "You know me Lee, I don't much care for Janette and I don't exactly look back fondly on what we did to Scott... I still regret not doing anything while Janette fucked over Scott's entire life."

Leland can't help but feel sorry for the man seeing just how battered Moore is from his years in the CIA.

Moore: "lemme make it up to Scott, I'll erase any signs that ever existed in the CIA." He pleads as Leland places the memory wipe on the counter.

Leland sighs looking up at having come to a decision.

Leland: "Okay Moore, you got your wish." He says seeing Moore exhale in relief.

Meanwhile in Alaska, Scott is scouting out the base wearing an all black attire along with a beanie and shemagh around his neck.

Scott: "Time to end this Janette."