12: Realization

RAINBOW HQ
FEBRUARY 2ND 2021
11:24 AM

Scott is exiting the chopper as Jacob and Leland exit as well looking around.

Leland: "knew you had resources but damn, this place is massive." While Jacob shakes his head asking where he can work.

Eliza: "follow me I'll lead you straight to Research and Development, hope Elena likes the competition." She says leaving with Jacob following as Scott decides to give Leland a tour.

Scott: "just note, you'll be given your own room so you don't have to worry about being in the same room as a woman." He says purposely teasing Leland as that was a common thing back then. "But there aren't any regulations against that here at rainbow, some have done that to my understanding... Fraternizing though? Not so sure." He says when Nøkk comes to mind for whatever reason.

Leland: "so your boss isn't at all worried one male operative will knock up a female operative?" He asks as Scott shakes his head turning to him as they're right outside the mess hall.

Scott: "they're not idiots Leland, they know their skills are required meaning none of the male ops will purposely knock up the female ops, if for some reason one of the women is pregnant then they'll be put on maternity leave." He says as Leland wasn't expecting him to snap. "Sorry... I guess I'm not used to talking with you still." He says continuing giving him the tour as they find Research and Development finding Elena looking like she's already having a problem with Jacob. "Well that didn't take long." He says as he approaches Eliza asking what happened.

Eliza: "Jacob touched something of Elena's." As Scott raises his brow questioning what did he exactly touch. "I don't know exactly, Elena practically owns everything when it comes to Research and Development." She says as Elena overheard her.

Elena: "I practically live here!" She says as Jacob unintentionally finds that humorous. "And you! I know you've been assigned as RnD's Senior Chief but that doesn't mean you can just touch everything." She says rather sternly as Jacob is surprised by her ferocity.

Jacob: "it wasn't my intention to offend you, I'm just trying to understand the set-up, it's a bit messy if I'm being honest." He says as Eliza, Scott and Leland look in worry.

Elena: "what can I say? I'm a grease monkey." She says unintentionally making Jacob laugh a bit.

Jacob: "okay I'll allow it, it's good to make your acquaintance Elena, I hope I can be of use." He says being respectful as Elena just playfully hits him in the chest.

Elena: "I'm certain you'll be useful in more ways than one... Ah the other new guy, if you don't mind I wish to examine your gadgets... Just procedure." She says as both Leland and Jacob agree to this. "Thank you good sirs, I'll call once I'm finished." She says as they leave Research and Development.

Jacob: "I like her, has some backbone but isn't a complete bitch like my ex-wife." He says unintentionally making Scott chuckle as Eliza hits him in the shoulder.

Scott: "what!? It's funny." He says as Eliza facepalms at this.

Eliza: "whatever... I need to go work on a field report." As Leland offers to come along which she agrees to while Scott and Jacob head to the mess hall.

Scott: "so you have an ex-wife but I also understand you have a daughter, what's that like?" He says as Jacob smiles softly hearing this.

Jacob: "best responsibility in the world, parenting isn't easy but... It's great for the memories, my little girl is currently enrolling at Stanford through a scholarship, couldn't be more proud of her." He says as Scott can tell he's proud.