Chapter 14

The family were on their way home from a long trip of a car convention at the dead of night and Bryce was sleeping soundly at the back, they were about five miles away and gone to the other route and since Archie lived outside the city, the roads were rural and full of trees "I wish I can get a Ferrari like that when I'm in college like dad did," Perfida said with a chuckle.

"Like father, like daughter," Archie chuckled back while driving.

"Holden will be getting a jeep but it's a surprise."

"Oh! that's a good one."

"It's not surprise, Holden will be getting things anyway," Perdita snarled.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Perfida calmly asked, she sensed quite resentment on her sister's tone even Archie noticed it.

"Well because he is Hector's son and Hector is mom's new husband..." Perdita explained.

"Purdy, I'm sure it's not like that and it's just a graduation present, Holden is going to college anyway and it will be the same thing with your sister," Archie assured her.

"Yeah," Perfida agreed to what Archie said.

A minute later, Perfida saw a man in the distance sitting on the ground looking so stressed out and sad with his face down "Papoli, look, there's a guy over there," she pointed, as the headlight shined on him, Archie saw him.

"Maybe he needs help," Archie said stopped the car about then slided down his window and popped his head out "hey! buddy, you okay? you need a ride?" but there was no respond, Perfida felt there was something eerily familiar about him while Archie was calling this stranger.

"Papoli, I think we should go? I don't feel good about this?" Perfida gulped, Perdita even felt what she was feeling.

"Peach, he clearly needs help, we can't leave him like this," Archie said to her and continue calling the guy, the man was not responding.

"Papoli, this maybe a trap or something, he might be dangerous."

"I think Peachy is right, let's just go," Perdita agreed that he did in fact was strangely familiar.

"You two stop it?" Archie said to them. "I'm going out," he took off his belt.

"Papoli, no!" the twins screamed.

"Where are we?" Bryce woke up from the two screaming.

"Just go back to sleep," Perdita said to him.

Archie opened the door and Perfida was too afraid to do anything, he walked halfway to him "hey! are you alright? do you need help?" he asked the stranger until he recognized what he wore. Suddenly the man looked up to them actually faceless, it was blank, they screamed their heads off, Archie ran back to the car and without even putting on his belt then drove off the hill or at least to the house. As they got there, Perfida and Archie took off their belts got out of the car, Perfida ran straight to the house but Archie quickly took a confuse Bryce from the back and carried him inside, he put him down. "Bryce, go to your room and go back to sleep, I'll be right there," he said to him, Bryce was too tired to ask so he just listened then walked away, Archie saw the door was still open so he shut it close and locked it.

The twins were on the couch trying to process what they just saw, "it was him, it was him," Perfida said. "That was our intruder, I remember".

"Me too," Perdita panted.

"Me too," Archie added. "He was the one, I saw when I was jogging".

"He wasn't an intruder after all, he's a ghost," Perfida realized then they looked at each other in disbelief.