Chapter 8

It was night time again and Perfida was back in her house, she was in the living room watching TV with Perdita and were still home alone, she went through all the photos she took in her phone and were tagged by March and Vance "he had such great taste in music, don't you think?" Perfida said to her sister.

"Yeah, he does," Perdita sighed which Perfida noticed.

"What's wrong?"

"I was hoping that he told you that he felt the presence.. I mean me."

"Oh.. that. Yeah.. me too."

"It was like he didn't want to talk about it."

"Don't take it to heart, he's new in the neighbourhood and he just wanted to make friends, maybe he just didn't know how to talk about it. This is Ares City after all, just give it time."

"You're right, what do you think of his mom?"

"I think she's okay and she does make delicious snacks."

"And did you see those crystals?"

"How can I not? it's all over the place, but it does give positive energy, maybe I should get one."

"Just snatch one from them, they wouldn't even notice."

"Maybe she would," the twins laughed at the idea. Suddenly, there was a breaking news announcement, they turned their heads to the TV from the local channel.

"A John Doe is found five miles outside the city, his face is unrecognizable," said the news anchor and there was a censored photo shown which chilled the spine of the twin. "The authorities said that his death was accidental and so now, they are trying to find this man's identity, they couldn't find an ID or anything in him."

"Oh! my God," Perfida gasped.

"I know," Perdita gulped then they heard the car engine outside which meant that their parents and Holden got home from AGA. Ophelia and Holden, carrying a binder and a rucksack with the logo of AGA, entered the house while Hector was still outside.

"We're home," Ophelia said. "I'll have dinner ready."

"Hey! Peach," said Holden.

"Hey!" Perfida said back to them, Hector entered the house then closed the front door.

"Hi! Perfida," he greeted her then embraced her from behind and gave her a peck on top of her head.

"Hi! dad, so Holden, did you get to sign up for the space base camp?"

"Yup and I got this nifty kit from it too and I get to watch some documentary," Holden said as he held the camping bag up to her, an off-white rucksak.

"Cool! what's in that?"

"Let's see," Holden sat down next to her and placed the bag on the coffee table, he opened it then started taking out the things inside. "There are five shirts, a flashlight, whisle, tumblr, and oh! what's this?". Holden took out a small cylindar object that was a size of a cigarette stick with a writing at the side that Perfida noticed and it was in fourth dimension.

"Saageeh nah," Perfida read then it got her thinking. "I know this brand, it's a safety laser."

"What? no way."

"That's what it says."

"How is this a laser?"

"It's a safety laser, here give it to," she said to him, Perfida looked at it closer and took a leaf from the pot on the coffee table and pressed the object with her thumb and index finger, a small laser beam came out that cuts the leaf into half, it was a safety laser because of its low heat unlike laser guns that were used for weapons. "See."