Chapter 19

Verona got an urn with Roland's ashes in it and was grieving at it in the hotel room, she was hugging it tightly with his phone, her heart aches losing another family member and she was all alone "I'm sorry but I don't want you to know the truth. Even in death you will still be known as my son not theirs."

Later, she got out of the bathroom and saw that it was Roland's phone ringing, she took it to see who was calling but it was it was an unknown caller, so she answered it "hello! who's this?" she asked, there was a heavy breathing "hello?"

"Where's my dad?" a familiar voice said, Verona could tell it was Roland's, she was shocked and dropped the phone to the ground "I know he's here" she took a stiletto shoe and started smashing the phone then backed away it was broken and it got quiet, Verona was standing there in disbelief, she quickly took the phone and opened the window then threw it away, the phone glass screen smashed as it landed to the ground.

"This is not happening," she panted in fright. Later, she was calm thinking it was over then there was a knock on the door, she took a deep breath and walked to the door, she looked through the peephole, Roland was on the other side looking pale and his face have that blank expression, she jumped screaming.

"Ma'am, it's room service," a man said, Verona slowly opened the door and saw that he just happened to have a similar feature but she swore she saw Roland. "good evening, here's you're order a balsamic steak gorgonzolla salad with our finest wine."

"Yes, of course, come in," she stammered and opened the door to let him in. Later, she watched some television and drank the wine to ease her mind, she was about to pour another one but it was empty. "Great, I knew I should've ordered two." she walked to the phone and pressed the frontdesk button, it was dialing and someone answered it.

"Frontdesk speaking, how can we help you?" they asked politely.

"Yes, I want to order another one..." all of a sudden, Verona heard that the line was cut off "hello?" she pressed the button again. "What wrong with this thing?" she kept pressing until the line was back on again.

"Mom," Roland's raspy voice called again, Verona freaked out again "I want to know who's my dad" she screamed and let go of the phone again then pull the plug off.

--------

The next morning, Archie was in his room trying to call Verona through her phone before seeing her in her hotel, little did he know what happened to her, he walked to Perfida's room and knocked on her door "Peach, are you ready?" he asked, she opened the door feeling tensed and just nodded at him. "It will be okay."

"I hope so," she suspired. "Did you call her?"

"I can't reach her, let's just go to her hotel."

"Maybe, she left," Perfida thought the Perdita was there and heard their conversation.

"You're stalling," Perdita claimed.

"No, I'm not."

"You are," Archie agreed that Perdita was right. "Maybe she's in the pool, come on, let's go."

"Can I come?" Perdita asked.

"Sure."

They got to the hotel and Archie was talking to the frontdesk about Verona while Perfida was practising how she was going to tell Verona about everything with Perdita's help "how's this, I've been talking to Roland's ghost for a while and he is asking for his father?" she asked her sister but before Perdita could say anything "no, too out there, what about, you see, you're son asked me for help to find his father and..."

"That's odd, I'm not getting anything too," the frontdesk tried to call Verona.

"Are you sure she didn't checked out?" Archie asked.