Chapter 10

It was midnight and everyone went to sleep, Perfida was dreaming the time when she was in that car crash when she was eight, she was lying on the back seat and she couldn't move her body. All of a sudden, she saw two blurry silhouette standing right in front of her then their hands reaching out to her.

After that, Perfida woke up gasping for air "what..wh..what happened?" Perdita asked, she was just lying next to her on the bed and she was startled that her sister woke up wheezing, "Peach! what's wrong?"

"Purdy..." Perfida uttered in distress.

"What...what happened?" Perdita saw that fright on her face and she was starting to worry.

"Nothing, I just had a nightmare," Perfida panted.

"What did you see?" Perdita was freaking out again.

"It's nothing, really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Perfida felt she was sweating like crazy so she put her hands on her forehead then to her neck and she did felt nausea. 

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I don't feel good."

------

It was morning, Archie was going over his laptop while having breakfast with Bryce and Jeffers and Harrison was also eating the same thing with pellets of dry food on his bowl, Berta was putting food on the table "Archie, put that down and eat first," she nagged.

"I'm just checking if there was any news about this goon put Perfida in danger."

"Anything?"

"No, nothing about the alley that she said or any familiar information."

"Perfida said that this other guy... you know so it's not that this offender will be coming back."

"You're right," Archie closed his laptop and put it aside. "It's a good thing Perfida was able to escape in one piece, where is Perfida? Isn't she awake yet?"

Perfida just walked in the kitchen feeling so unwell "I'm up," she yawned still feeling but that was not all she was feeling and Archie noticed it.

"Are you okay?" Archie asked.

"No, I feel dizzy," she answered.

Berta placed another plate of food on the table then put her hand to her forehead "you're burning up," Berta said. "You're sick."

"Ooh... maybe you should eat your breakfast in your room so that Bryce won't get sick too," Archie told her.

"Okay, Papoli," Perfida moaned, she was sent back to her room and ate her breakfast burrito on her bed with a lap table.

"Here, drink some medicine after eating," Berta said.

"Okay, Thanks, Berta," Perfida replied, Berta left the room, Perfida was eating but not as much, her fever was too high that all she taste was bitterness but she knew she had to eat.

"Thanks! Purdey," then Perfida's phone rang, it was Ophelia. "Mom?"

"Just answer it," Perdita said, Perfida put it on speaker phone.

"Hello! Mom."

"Hey, Peachy, we're here in the base camp," Ophelia informed.

"That's great, mom."

"By the way, you're grandpa said you're having a fever."

"Yes, mom."

"Are you okay? I can drive back there."