Chapter 26

An hour after that incident, everyone was in the waiting area and Verona was recuperating in a private room, they were trying to take-in what had happened "how's Verona?" Hawkes asked Archie.

"She's resting now," Archie answered.

"What are we going to do now?" Perfida quipped.

"When you said he's getting worse, I didn't know it was this bad," Nyles was standing with them, still in disbelief at what Roland did.

"I think he knows that he's hurting people," Hawkes said to him. "All we need to do is for him to find peace in everything so he can crossover."

"How?"

"We need to find him first and when we do, we'll talk to him again."

"But where do we find him?" Perfida asked.

"We don't have to find him, Verona and Nyles are here, we just have to wait for him," Archie said.

"He's right," Hawkes agreed.

"Can't you two summon him or something?" Nyles questioned.

"I can't," Perfida answered.

"Because it doesn't work that way, we wouldn't have to be here if we could," Hawkes said. "Right now, I suggest we have to stay here and think of our next move."

Nyles was alone outside the hospital in deep thought again, Archie found him there, he cleared his throat so Nyles turned around "oh! it's you."

"Mind if I join you out here, son?" Archie asked.

"No, not at all, sir."

"Please, call me Archie," he took out a cigar from his pocket. "Want one?"

"No, thank you."

"Alright," he lighted up his cigar and started smoking with the safety laser. "So how are you dealing with all this?"

"I know I saw it happening with my two eyes but it's still so unbelievable."

"A lot of things are."

"That's right," Nyles agreed. "I know it got to this but I just wish that it didn't get to this."

"Compare to me, I think you'd be a great dad."

"What do you mean?"

"I had my son with me but I wasn't the father like he was to my granddaughters," Archie expressed.

"Perfida did told me that."

"But I didn't see that, I missed a lot of years, when he was a boy until his adulthood, I didn't take care of him instead, all I did was party, drinking and women but he turned out fine. Sometimes, I think I don't deserve my grandkids after what I did to him."

"I think wherever he is, he'll say otherwise."

"And I think, you shouldn't beat yourself up too, you're here now, you can still meet your son."

"Yeah, I can still make it right but I have to start somewhere first."

-----

Verona woke up, she sat up but she was holding her chest and Perfida was there to look after her "Verona," she called softly. "Are you okay? do you want me to call the doctor?"

"No," Verona coughed. "I'm okay, what happened? where's Roland?"

"Roland is gone.. somewhere and Dominic will be moving to another room because well, the window in the door shattered because of him but don't worry, he didn't get hurt and no one got hurt too."