Chapter 27

"So you were actually painting Roland," Perfida said to Nyles, they were back in the hospital hours later.

"Yeah," he nodded at her. "That's why in my painting, he didn't have a face because I didn't know what he actually looked like and I'd imagine what we'd do together."

"That reminds me, the first time I saw Roland, he had no face, I thought it was because of the accident, now I know what it meant after I found his phone."

"What do you mean?"

"Here," Perfida took her phone out and started searching for Roland's account in SnapGram where all his art portfolio were, she showed the last painting he made to Nyles. "See this, he made this painting after finding out the truth and when Verona couldn't tell him, I guess this is how he felt about himself."

"Oh! wow!" Nyles admired the faceless painting of his son's work.

"I guess creativity doesn't fall far from the tree."

"Yeah," he wiped a tear that was coming out from his eye.

"I'm really sorry that you didn't get the chance to do some paintings together."

"I still wish it could've gone the other way but then again, I know he's painting the biggest canvas up there."

"That's great."

"I can't thank you enough."

"Don't mention it."

"By the way, Hawkes told me that this is your first time doing this... medium thing."

"Yeah..." she nodded. "I think it will be my last too."

"That's too bad, I'm not sure you see it but your gift can really help people, I really hope after this you keep doing that. Well...you're still young, just think about it," Nyles advised to her and Perfida seem to agree.

The next day, it was time for them to leave and go back to Ares city "hey!" Hawkes walked up to the twins.

"Hey!" they said back.

"Where's you grandpa?"

"He's with Verona, they just have to iron out some details for Dominic's hospital bills."

"I see," he replied. "So... I guess, this is it."

"Is what it?" Perfida looked confuse and so did Perdita.

"My... I mean our job is done," he clarified. "You won't have to worry about any ghosts ever again."

"Oh! right uhm..."

"What? It's not like you want to deal more of that after everything, do you?"

"Actually... I do."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I want to help more ghosts."

"But you do know that there'll be more hurdles and people who might not cooperate?"

"I'm aware of it but it will be ashame to have powers and not use it for good," Perfida answered.

"That's what I want to hear."

"You really are so sly, Hawkes, we will work well together."

"Looking forward to it," he smirked even Perdita was happy.

They were all by the driveway of the hospital saying their farewells to Verona "thank you all for everything you did for Roland, I am forever grateful to you," Verona held Perfida's hand to express her gratitude.

"We're happy to help, ma'am," Hawkes said.

"He's right, now that it's over," Archie added.

"I wish you the best, Verona," Nyles said to her.

"You too," Verona said back. "By the way, I have something for you, come here" there was a box behind her, Nyles took a look at it. "These are Roland's that I think you want to have, like I said he likes to travel and sketch whatever he saw."

Nyles open the notebook, it was a sketch journal, there were landscapes sketches and other sites at the country he had travelled, like the Eiffel Tower in France, Great Wall in China and the Temples in Mexico. "These are amazing!" he was impressed that Roland really inherited his art skills, Perfida and Perdita took a look at it too.

"There are more here and his art supplies too, you should take them, do what ever you want, keep them, put them in display."

"Thank you, Verona, I will never forget this."

"Of course, but if you do put it on display, please, tell me and I will do whatever I can to support that."

"Yes, yes, I will," he assured her then they hugged each other which meant they are in good term.

The twins, Bryce and Harrison were riding with Archie and Hawkes accompanied Nyles back home then they waved Verona goodbye and drove off "so are you really going to continue helping ghosts, Peachy?" Perdita asked.

"Wait, what was that, Purdey?" Archie questioned while driving.

"I told Hawkes that I want to help more people with my psychic ability."

"That's great!" he sounded glad. "You go do that, Peach."

"Yup, more ghost adventure all the way."

"And we'll do it together," Perdita added.

"Yeah!"

THE END?