Chapter Three

DH: Man, I love this story! More than 4,400 words!

OW: That's a record for us that we haven't broken in months!

DH: Mainly because we're lazy...

OW: Anyway, enjoy the story!

DH: We own nothing!

OW: And please no flames about Ryou's mom being alive. 

-DDLDHoW-

Yami hung up as Bakura looked over at him. “Was that the shrimp?”

“He’s not that short,” Yami sighed.

“But you admit that he is short?” Marik smirked.

Yami frowned in mock-confusion. “You know I can’t help but think we’ve had this conversation before…”

Marik just rolled his eyes. “I still think we should ask him for help.”

“We’ve been through this,” Yami snapped, surprising his younger brother. “We are not asking him for help!”

“Why? You worried you boyfriend will get hurt?” Bakura asked with a smirk.

“For the last time, he’s not my boyfriend!”

“You wish he was though.”

Yami growled. “That’s not the point. We are not putting Yugi in danger.”

“But we wouldn’t be!” Marik protested. “We could just tell him to call the police, or… or… unlock the door while he’s out!”

“Like we did with Heba and Atemu?” Yami asked. Marik fell silent.

“I don’t think that’s a bad idea,” Bakura said.

Marik looked over at him and Yami’s eyes widened. “What?”

“Things are different now,” Bakura stated. “We’re in the city. The police station is a ten minute drive away, at most. We can just wait until he goes out, get the shrimp to unlock us and worst comes to worst, we can call the police.”

“Worst comes to worst?” Yami raised an eyebrow. “Bakura, worst comes to worst, what happened to Atemu and Heba happens all over again!”

“But it won’t!” Marik tried.

“And if it does?” Yami snapped. “Are you two really so eager to have two more deaths on your heads?”

Marik fell silent. Bakura on the other hand, stood up. “I’m really getting sick of you, Pharaoh!” Bakura spat. “Atemu and Heba were a thing of the past and there was nothing we could do about it.”

“Nothing we could do?” Yami yelled. “Are you deluded?”

“It was their choice and their mistake to help us!” Bakura snarled.

“You were the one that persuaded them to help!” Yami yelled.

“Don’t act like you weren’t in the wrong!” Bakura glared at him. “Who was the one to ask them in the first place? Who was the one that swore they heard him leave? Who was the one that promised he didn’t have a weapon?”

“Shut up!” Yami clenched his fists, his crimson eyes sparking. “I was also the one that saw them die! As I recall, you ran!”

Bakura lunged at Yami, bowling him over. “What would you know?” He roared. He threw several punches at Yami, who continued to dodge. “You have no idea why I ran, do you?”